Comment

• Chatterbot
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

Re: Resident Advisor DJ TOP100 2009

Originally posted by Jenks
      go seth!
      +1

Never heard of this guy till a month ago or such... therewhile he´s playing these great sounding "uplifting downbeat"

Getting goosebumbs while listening to him

#8@RA, who would have known...

Cheers,
      G.

P.S:
      I´m missing Chris Fortier in the RA-list

Comment

• AntonyM
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by mades
        Seems noone noticed that poll has been published yesterday:
        RA's readers start the poll season off by picking out their favourite DJs of the year.

10. Joris Voorn
        09. Magda
        08. Seth Troxler
        07. Sven Vath
        06. Dixon
        05. Marcel Dettmann
        04. Loco Dice
        03. Luciano
        02. Ricardo Villalobos
        01. Richie Hawtin
        RA is techno nerd club, like reading Spin Magazine instead of Rolling Stone, all those DJ are great, seen at least half of them, but come on Villalobos and Hawtin, there is more to life than eight techno tracks playing on Ableton simutaneously and I cannot fathom the popularity of Luciano, his sets are listenable, but by no means get off the couch and dance at home type of stuff, total geek fest, really time for MS 100, how is RA any better than this site, jeez we have 30,000 members here, even though about only two hundred of us post regularly, we have the technology, Kamal something must be done to bring balance to the force, this needs to go to committee and a vote.
        Originally posted by Shpira
        So came back last night...
        Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
        Originally posted by Illuminate
        Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
        2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
        3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
        4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Too right. Excellent idea. We bitch enough about these lists. [MS] needs to put together our Top list and we'll get simonr to write it up

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Troklo
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Seth Troxler never heard of him. can any of you guys point me out something I should check out?
            Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• Chatterbot
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Troklo
              Seth Troxler never heard of him. can any of you guys point me out something I should check out?
              Sure.
              his watergate-set is something that must be heared:
              Seth Troxler - Live @ BerMuDa Watergate Berlin - 18-09-2009 http://rs697.rapidshare.com/files/290717088/seth_toxler_-_live_at_berlin_music_days_watergate_berlin-stream-18-09-2009-dc.mp3

Also be sure to check http://www.savethecannibals.com/
              Seth mixed the #9 (awesome) and #22 episode.

A quick-search in the p&r-forum @ms will please you with more sets from him, if you like

Cheers,
              G.

Comment

• Jayson
                Addiction started
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by AntonyM
                RA is techno nerd club, like reading Spin Magazine instead of Rolling Stone, all those DJ are great, seen at least half of them, but come on Villalobos and Hawtin, there is more to life than eight techno tracks playing on Ableton simutaneously and I cannot fathom the popularity of Luciano, his sets are listenable, but by no means get off the couch and dance at home type of stuff, total geek fest, really time for MS 100, how is RA any better than this site, jeez we have 30,000 members here, even though about only two hundred of us post regularly, we have the technology, Kamal something must be done to bring balance to the force, this needs to go to committee and a vote.

I think the reason is that RA positions them self as more of a news outlet than just being a message board, more like an online magazine I guess. They always have interesting articles and reviews, and their feeds are pretty much on top of what's happening at the moment.

MS is just more of a message board that people go and hang out at, and there's nothing wrong with that at all. Even though I'm a registered member on RA, and have been for years, I rarely if ever go on the forums. I can count the number of posts I've made on one hand I think! But I am on there everyday just to see what's happening and read reviews and any articles that catch m interest.

But in my opinion, half of those DJ's in the top 10 should be there, especially Hawtin Vath. Just didn't hear anything good from this year, but the rest were quality start to finish.
                Piss off you phucking wanksters!

Comment

• dusk
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by feather
                  Too right. Excellent idea. We bitch enough about these lists. [MS] needs to put together our Top list and we'll get simonr to write it up
                  Here Here!!!
                  ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• dusk
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Troklo
                    His RA set was bloody good! I'd start there first.
                    ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• ribbario
                      Underwater
                      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Chatterbot

Also be sure to check http://www.savethecannibals.com/
                      Seth mixed the #9 (awesome) and #22 episode.

mix of the year
                      Mixes !!!

Comment

• Troklo
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

Thx a lot guys and gal will be looking in to that sweet music soon =)
                        Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

Working...