NO NONSENSE-Steve Lawler(UK),James Lavelle(UK),Henry Saiz(ESP) Fri Feb19,Brown Alley

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

NO NONSENSE-Steve Lawler(UK),James Lavelle(UK),Henry Saiz(ESP) Fri Feb19,Brown Alley

NO Nonsense is a new crew compriing my favourite Melbourne crews, Sunny and Darkbeat!! All I can say to their debut event is fucking WOW!!!

NO NONSENSE – Steve Lawler (UK), James Lavelle (UK), and Henry Saiz (ESP)

FRIDAY FEB 19 @ BROWN ALLEY

When it comes to keepin it real, there is one undisputed party that has held the very foundations of the Melbourne underground for 12 years, a party that has shaped, influenced and profoundly effected deep electronic music in Melbourne, a party that has raised the benchmark many dance music events strive to be like but very rarely achieve, Always innovating never imitating - the simple word "Sunny" is synonymous with 'quality' for any discerning music fan in Melbourne.

This party influenced a new generation of clubbers, and in its own right a 'nubreed' party evolved in Melbourne over the last 7 years based on the same uncompromising structure of good underground music, and quality educated clubbers - Darkbeat a party that has tried to give a little back to a scene that has given so much to them.

Enter ‘NO NONSENSE’. A collaboration between the Sunny and Darkbeat crews. They will be taking the 'NO NONSENSE’ clubbing experience to the next level with production of the highest grade, the sound systems you have come to expect from them over the years, only the very highest grade of local Melbourne DJ's, marathon sets from cutting edge international DJ's and the attention to detail you demand.

We will be going all out, catering to every detail – from patron comfort, to next level production to décor to sound quality - we aim to cover every aspect of your night in a way which has never been done before at Brown Alley. Expect the unexpected, with each party having a definitive theme aligned with the specific sound being catered to on the night.

The party will be launched on February 19 with the UNDISPUTED KING of dynamic house, and a DJ who agrees with our vision who will be playing an extended set in an environment he has craved for so long in Melbourne. Steve Lawler.

He will be joined by another man who can only be described as an electronic music pioneer, visionary and innovator of avant garde boundary pushing quality electronica, James Lavelle - as well as one of the best up and coming modern house producers and LIVE acts in the world – Henry Saiz.

Steve Lawler

Forward thinking, groundbreaking, precedent setting: not just the true essence of progression, but an apt way to begin a biography on the world renowned DJ/producer Steve Lawler. That’s progression, not to be mistaken with the term progressive, music Steve Lawler’s often been associated with. Lawler is much more than a progressive house DJ. A child of the acid house generation, he’s been busy with the beats long before genres were but a twinkle in clubland’s eye.

An electronic artist who defies generic boundaries, ever since his days organising the infamous motorway raves under the M42, Lawler’s set his own agenda, following his natural musical instinct behind the decks and in the studio. 2010 has been the best example of this; after 17 years of hard graft, more people are beginning to take note of Lawler than ever.

Dynamic, driven and drastically obsessed with performing as well as he possibly can. Steve’s passion for house, techno and electronica is too strong for one simple generic association, and right now his message is louder than ever. 17 years deep and Steve Lawler isn’t just at the top of his game, he’s pushing the boundaries of what a DJ can do – both technically and creatively – as an artist and as a successful label businessman. Now that’s progression.

djstevelawler.com

James Lavelle

Described once as the Hunter S. Thompson of DJs, James Lavelle’s career has spanned the last 18 years, and at 32 he remains as individual a figure in contemporary music as he was as a teenager, when he first gate-crashed his way in with the genre-shattering MoWax records. Back then he was obsessed with early street culture, DJing with Gilles Peterson at That’s How It Is (the legendary club which lasted over 10 years), working with the visionary designer Nigo on Bathing Ape, and launching a label in MoWax. Now he divides time between his internationally-renowned DJ career, his UNKLE act with singer/producer Richard File, and a brand new independent set-up: Surrender-All, which combines music, fashion and art.

The DJing takes him to clubs like Womb in Tokyo and Fabric in London (which he was resident for 5 years) and he has been involved in working with designer Antonio Berardi. UNKLE are readying their third album after the international success of ‘Psyence Fiction’ and its follow-up, ‘Never Never Land’. And Surrender is a new creative centre that connects everything Lavelle is interested in – a record label, a studio, a clothing line– to one, independently-run axis. “There’s a whole new set-up. Trying to keep everything as simple as possible,” says Lavelle bursting as ever with ideas.

Henry Saiz

Henry Saiz has created a very unique formula, a particular way to express himself through music. The extreme melody, the precise power, just the right amount of sensibility and arduous hard work seem to be his winning formula. The sound of this creator comes from the most melodic aspect of experimental electronic music, by using progressive structures close to trance in addition of a very elaborated rhythmic plataform of basses with a touch of funk and acid.

His presence in Renaissance, confirms Saiz as one new electronic European talent, as well as his latest work such as the remix for John Digweed or his successful beginning in this English label, which have been mixed and charted by many of the best djs around the word.
    Henry also edits in Paradigma Musik and directs his own label, Natura Sonorics, where he is making a difference with innovation and quality, along with the introduction of new talents such as Marc Marzenit, Dosem, etc.

His powerful live acts has given him the opportunity to know the very best clubs in Spain and in cities like Berlin or London; where he shows his ability to empowers the main objective of electronic music: to embark on a mental journey to make the body move all by itself.
    Additionally, Henry also composes music for the audiovisual world: jingles, TV series, animated series and nature documentaries. It is off to see that 2009 will be a great year to this young producer, starting with a tour in Australia, and the preparation of his first long play and new maxis and remixes.

Support Lineup:

Phil K, Tones (Sydney), Rollin Connection, Danny Bonnici, Jamie Stevens, Gavin Keitel, Sean Quinn + More TBA

NO NONSENSE
    FEB 19
    BROWN ALLEY
    CNR KING & LONSDALE ST, CITY
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies
  • franc
    Getting warmed up
    • May 2009

Re: NO NONSENSE-Steve Lawler(UK),James Lavelle(UK),Henry Saiz(ESP) Fri Feb19,Brown Al

awesome line-up.do u hav any idea if any of them will b playing in sydney?i might have to come to melbourne.wot a birthday treat to myself.lol.Didi i have being looking for simon&shaker line in tenerife 2005 for about 3yrs without any luck.do u have any idea were i might find this.i have heard its a awesome.

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Re: NO NONSENSE-Steve Lawler(UK),James Lavelle(UK),Henry Saiz(ESP) Fri Feb19,Brown Al

^^ They will probably all be playing Sydney but probably not all together. Believe this venue and this crew would be worth coming to Melbourne for!! They really care about the music, the Djs and the crowd. !! Which is how it should be, but very seldom is

Haven't even head of Simon and Shaker I'm afraid to say !!
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• franc
        Getting warmed up
        • May 2009

thanxs 4 bringing this event to my knowledge.it does sonud like a great event.simon&shaker r blokes hailing from spain.there traxs r well suppported by the likes of chus&ceballos,eric entrena and sander klienenberg just to name a few.they sound used to b tribal/big room house,but like so many they have changed there style to a tech house.im yet to be convinced of they change.i sure theres a few early sets floating around.kiev nye 05 is good and a couple of mixes also.maxima fm feb 06 is good vocal house.

Comment

• dodsy87
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2006

This shall be tasty. Last time i saw Lawler, he literally blew the socks out of my shoes. And as for Lavelle, i have almost every one of his unkle and solo cd's, sooooo good, the james Lavelle Barcelona Global Underground is in my top 10 favorite cds. This will be a night to remember.

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Just read Lawler will be playing 5 - 6 hours.

Comment

• dodsy87
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2006

5 - 6 hours!!! sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

Firstly the venue looked amazing . Got there in time for at least some Ozzie and Rollins set. Both the quality I expect from these guys.

Lawler, made me feel jaded actually , it was fun for a couple of hours , but it just seemed to be the same sound over and over again. His idea of diversity seemed to be to red line every now and then ! I think I'm over that sound now.

Lavelle. His mixing was so bad even I noticed. but bloody hell he played some amazing and unusual tracks.!!

Henry Saiz . A total breath of fresh air. The absolute epitome of the newer prog imho. I was dead on my feet but didn't want to miss a beat!! Definite set of the night and want him back here soon !!

Comment

• dodsy87
                  Addiction started
                  • Jun 2006

I was soooo pissed on this night. Really not like me where i cant remember much, Lawler was good and your right, i hardly felt his set had a peak or anything. I missed lavelle and by the time saiz came on i could bearly stand. haha. Worst hangover the next day. Twas a great turn out none the less

Comment

Working...