• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael^Heaven
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2008

Don't fly BA

...during the Christmas holiday!

LONDON - British Airways cabin crew will strike over Christmas, their union said Monday, throwing the plans of thousands of holiday travelers into uncertainty at one of the busiest times of the year.

Strikes are to begin Dec. 22 and run for a dozen days until Jan. 2, said Len McCluskey, the assistant general secretary for Britain's Unite union. McCluskey said 92.5 percent of workers voted in favor of the action.
  • runningman
    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
    • Jun 2004

Re: Don't fly BA

you mean they don't want to work for free anymore?

Comment

• chunky
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Jan 2006

The average BA cabin crew employee gets £30.000 a year, the average Virgin cabin crew employee gets £14.900 a year what I find shocking is that that Virgin are paying so little. British Airways aren't doing great but they are taking advantage of the the situation to exploit their employees. At least they have the balls to stand up for themselves. I wish my fellow workers had the same balls.
      Originally posted by res0nat0r
      OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

"British Airways wins injunction to avert major holiday strike"

A strike that would have crippled British Airways over Christmas and New Year's Day cannot go ahead, a judge ruled Thursday.

Comment

• chunky
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Steve Graham
          "British Airways wins injunction to avert major holiday strike"

http://www.cnn.com/2009/BUSINESS/12/...ike/index.html
          All they should have to do is re ballot
          Originally posted by res0nat0r
          OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• nipper25
            Getting Somewhere
            • May 2007

I have to say fair play to the BA staff not only have they taken a pay freeze and have given up a months salary (working for free) and yet the high court has the audacity to suspend a secret ballot is beyond belief.

Would you trust the BA management remember this is the same management who wouldnt listen to staff when they royally Fu%ked up the opening of Heathrows Terminal Five.

The public do have very short memories and if people are made redundant and the consequences could dirstly involve the passengers safety the management should hang there heads in shame.

This is the same company who has totally mis managed there pension scheme would I trust them........would I like hell as like, would I trust the workers yes I would.

A 92.5% agreement for industrial action is a phenonminal percentage in anyones book never mind a secret ballot so alarm bells should ring out and people should ask Why? Remember this isnt from a so called militant trade union.

The press should be more balanced in their reporting however, there is absolutley no chance of that!

I am not a member of unite either, but just someone who is sympathetic to their cause in the face of adversity.

Comment

Working...