If you root your phone, what happens when there is a system update? I know that at some point in the pretty near future, Sprint Hero users are supposed to get an upgrade to Android 2.1. If you've rooted your phone, do you still get that? I assume that would wipe out all of your hard work?
HTC Hero
Collapse
X
-
Re: HTC Hero
If you root your phone, what happens when there is a system update? I know that at some point in the pretty near future, Sprint Hero users are supposed to get an upgrade to Android 2.1. If you've rooted your phone, do you still get that? I assume that would wipe out all of your hard work? -
Re: HTC Hero
You wont receive the update to 2.1 until it is re-released by a developer as a new ROM which is usually pretty quick. Updates that are released periodically dont usually wipe your phone although it is wise to backup!
The other thing to bear in mind is taking off the stock ROM invalidates your warranty, but as mine was only for 6 months was a risk i'm willing to take.Originally posted by Hoff
ejejejejejejejejeje!!!!! you always delivering some good dogs shits !!!
thankyou
Comment
-
Re: HTC Hero
The update to android 2.1 is coming April 9th!
http://www.cooltechzone.com/2010/03/...te-on-april-9/It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.Comment
-
Re: HTC Hero
I wouldn't get too worked up just yet. This is something I've been tracking pretty closely, and there have been a LOT of false alarms, all purporting to be based upon "leaked documents," "reliable sources," etc. I'm hopeful, but I've had my heart broken too many times already to get too excited over this. March 26 was the latest in a long line of dates that have come and gone with no update. We just won't know for sure until Sprint makes its official announcement.The update to android 2.1 is coming April 9th!
http://www.cooltechzone.com/2010/03/...te-on-april-9/
With that said, it certainly could be the 9th, and we won't have to wait long to find out. I'm pulling for it, for sure!Comment
-
Re: HTC Hero
"Rooting allows you to gain SU access to your phone. It allows you to flash custom ROMs, install custom themes, lock screens and more. It basically gives you complete and full control over your phone."
More info here:
Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: HTC Hero
2.2 was just announced
Built-in tethering, Google TV, and 450% faster. I can't waitComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,212
Posts: 1,238,528
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment