• Show
Clear All
  • rio
    Getting Somewhere
    • Aug 2008

Re: Favourite Tracks of 2009

Nhar has also had a great 2009 this one takes it for me by him....just

Nhar - The Swallow
    bang on. that's a beautiful tune and it's in my list. Some other 2009 faves ...

2raumwohnung - Lasso (Good Groove & Yapaac mix)
    Allez Allez - Defeatist (Somfay remix)
    Jesse Somfay - Hypnogogii
    Lusine - Two Dots (Pezzner Remix)
    Lusine - Cirrus
    The Field - Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime
    http://soundcloud.com/enh

Comment

• herogee
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by simonr
      • Bent - As You Fall (Guy J Remix) [Godlike And Electronic Analogue GAEA012]
      This one needs an extended Guy J remix. As it is right now, it always leaves me wanting for more. Why oh why did you end your track at 5 mins Mr. Guy J?
      If you're fond of sand dunes and salty air,
      quaint little villages here and there ...

Comment

• fatalfelix
        Platinum Poster
        • May 2008

Mat Playford & Tim Deluxe - Back 2 The Rocket (Don't Bomb The Moon mix)
        Mobilize - Deep Silence
        Alan Fitzpatrick - Reflections
        Pole Folder - Hate Myself (Sasha remix)
        Pole Folder - Hollow (Robert Babicz Saturn Rings remix)
        Laurent Garnier - Just Music
        Egbert - Vreugdevuur
        Bastards Of Funk - Rhytm (Andre Sobota remix)
        Psycatron - Is What It Is
        Josh Wink - Dolphin Smack
        "Computer games don’t affect kids: I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Comment

• bobjuice
          Banned
          • May 2008

Originally posted by herogee
          This one needs an extended Guy J remix. As it is right now, it always leaves me wanting for more. Why oh why did you end your track at 5 mins Mr. Guy J?
          I wish the intro was longer too

Comment

• funky_monkey
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

Killer topic !! My fav tunes were probably mentioned 5 times each already , still it is astounding how high the music quality was in 2009. The digitalisation of EDM was a real deal-breaker imo; putting down release costs makes it possible to publish a lot of material from new producers, and this makes all the difference .

I do feel that a major genre-change is coming in 2010. The electro-techno wave is slowly washing over imo. Indeed it is techno that went down a major transformation in the last 3 years and became much more accessible and inclusive style. But when I listen to the best tunez around these days I'm convinced that clubland 2010 and onwards is gonna be ruled by something we could call "the new deep house" - not the mellow soft stuff that is usually called "deep house" at the moment, but a more techy and trippy style that still retains its mellody and housiness. Minimal is slowly coming out of fashion, bring on the new stuff!
            --The world is always three drinks behind--

Comment

• fatalfelix
              Platinum Poster
              • May 2008

I think you're wright about the deep house thing. You saw this year the hype from Sono - Keep Control Plus (Fedde Le Grand remix). It was even played at noraml clubs and people were going crazy on that. I have to say I like it because the minimal never did it for me.
              "Computer games don’t affect kids: I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Comment

• tiddles
                Encryption, Jr.
                • Jun 2004

massive!
                [youtube]Czl6-4lrr6Q[/youtube]

edit: and something off the telefon tel aviv and the field cds too

Comment

• fatalfelix
                  Platinum Poster
                  • May 2008

Burial is great, also like this one, it has a scarry late night vibe on it :

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIqptGzkt_s&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Comment

Working...