• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PROG
    Gold Gabber
    • Aug 2005

Re: Google Phone

Originally posted by DreamGirlie
    Exactly. I would love to have an iphone, but I refuse to have AT&T service.
    hope you know you can use t-mobile on iphone

Comment

• DreamGirlie
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by PROG
      hope you know you can use t-mobile on iphone
      I have read that I can use it on Tmobile but some features I have wont work with it...I think myfaves wont? Also it is upwards of $600 I think to buy it unlocked
      "Welcome to Hezbollah phone line, for terrorist supplies press 1."

Comment

• ganjamo
        Platinum Poster
        • Jan 2006

600$ for a cellphone imo its alot of money, i rather spend that on another stuff. Also the networks here in Peru arent as good as they are in the US or Eur and its not worth having a piece of technology like that if its not going to work properly.

I would think first on a 3G Iphone or 3Gs instead of that.
        Dont panic, its organic.

Comment

• Kamal
          Administrator
          • May 2002

The Nexus One. In the modern climate of hyped (and over-hyped) smartphone launches, Google's official entry into the phone-sales game has excelled in a department where many find difficulty: generating legitimate excitement. Of course, long before the name Nexus One or the recent bounty of pictures and details existed, the very concept of a "Google Phone" had been ingrained in the public conscience, predating even the Open Handset Alliance and Android itself; the company dabbled in the concept of direct sales through its offering of the Android Dev Phones 1 and 2 (alias Ion), but this time, it's a public retail ordeal, not a couple of one-off developer specials. The genuine-article Google Phone is finally here -- for better or worse. The device, a Snapdragon-powered, HTC-built phone looks -- on paper, at least -- like the ultimate Android handset, combining a newly tweaked and tightened user interface with killer industrial design. A sleek, streamlined phone that can easily go toe-to-toe with the iPhone 3GSs, Pres, and Droids of the world, powered by the latest version of Android (2.1 "Flan," if you're counting), and hand-retooled by Google. But is it all it's cracked up to be? Can the Nexus One possibly live up to the hype ascribed to it? And more importantly, is the appearance of the phone the death knell for the OHA and a sign of the coming Android autocracy? In our exclusive review of the Nexus One, we'll answer all those pressing questions and more... so read on for the full scoop! %Gallery-81309% Note: The unit we have in hand is -- by all appearances -- a production model, save for the QR code imprint on the back, which is likely an employee-only Easter egg. However, Google is making its official announcement tomorrow, and there could always be differences. If anything changes with the device, or there are revelations about the marketing or sale of the phone, we'll be sure to update the review with new info.

Jesus this thing is really well loaded. Check the size and internal specs and it really blows your mind how they've managed to cram so much into something so little.

HTC has managed to get the thickness of the phone down to just 11.5mm, and it measures just 59.8mm and 119mm across and up and down -- kind of a feat when you consider the guts of this thing.
          As you've heard, the Nexus One runs atop the much-hyped, rarely seen 1GHz Snapdragon CPU from Qualcomm (the same processor powering the HD2) -- really the highlight of this show. The phone also has 512MB of both RAM and ROM, but those hoping for new application storage options will find themselves out of luck yet again -- you're still limited to that small partition for app use. The display is an AMOLED, 480 x 800 capacitive touchscreen, and the handset also contains a light sensor, proximity sensor, and accelerometer, along with an HSPA-capable GSM radio (AWS and euro 2100MHz bands only for 3G -- sorry AT&T users), WiFi, the prerequisite AGPS chip, and a microSD slot (which comes loaded with a 4GB card, but is expandable to 32GB).
          Including a 5 megapixel camera and flash

www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
          Originally posted by ace_dl
          Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Steve Graham
            DJ Jelly
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DreamGirlie
            Exactly. I would love to have an iphone, but I refuse to have AT&T service.
            that's funny, where I live t-mobile is awful and at&t is one of the best as far as coverage at least.. I have at&t and would never switch to t-mobile

Comment

• picklemonkey
              Double hoodie beer monster
              • Jun 2004

They're out today. I just ordered mine. Price break down as follows:

$179 if you sign a new contract w T-Mobile
              $279 if you're an existing T-Mobile customer
              $379 if you're a T-Mobile customer with a data plan
              $579 if you don't get T-Mobile

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

Update us!

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Kamal
                  Administrator
                  • May 2002

Get full-length product reviews, the latest news, tech coverage, daily deals, and category deep dives from CNET experts worldwide.
                  www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                  he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                  Originally posted by ace_dl
                  Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                  I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• res0nat0r
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • May 2006

thing looks sweet, but i am NEVER buying a touchscreen only keyboard based phone again.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                      DJ Jelly
                      • Jun 2004

I love how if you're an existing (loyal) customer you dont get as a good of a deal as a brand new customer

Comment

• res0nat0r
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • May 2006

^yeah, isnt that shitty? phone contracts and all the lock in bs associated with it are shit. don't blame anyone who unlocks their phones or the groups online who find out how to do this.

Comment

• picklemonkey
                          • Jun 2004

I just got it

Comment

• res0nat0r
                            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                            • May 2006

nice! let us know how it is. also google earth is cool, but that seems like it will drain the hell out of the battery, let me know how sweet it is...

Comment

• picklemonkey
                              • Jun 2004

I just spoke this text on my phone
                              this is #### sweet

Comment

• res0nat0r
                                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                                • May 2006