X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fuctuup
    Addiction started
    • Aug 2007

Electronic Music Hall Of Fame

All of on this site share the same passion and addiction, so I figured this would be the place to get feedback. Is the Electronic music scene in need of a Hall of Fame? We have so many pioneers who are legends in this genre. Rock and Roll and Country each have a Hall of Fame, so why not electronic music? Im sure everyone on this site could name 10 people worthy of being inducted and that's my point, why not create a Hall of Fame. I just don't believe the electronic music scene is recognized enough nationally or internationally for it's great producers/dj's when a lot of these guys have contributed so much to music. So give me some feedback and tell me what you think, im sure it will be interesting.
    "Dance to the \'ri-them\, to the \'ri-them\, to the \'r`im\"
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: Electronic Music Hall Of Fame

The International Electronic Dance Music Hall of Fame (IEDMHF®) is a licensed nonprofit 501c (3) corporation that is set in motion to bring awareness to the contribution that producers, DJ’s, and other industry professionals have made to the electronic dance music industry. We will be honoring them in a quadrennial ceremony (every 4 years) for their historical achievement and groundbreaking movement in the industry.

The IEDMHF® is also dedicated to providing its audience with entertainment and educational events that promote the positive progression of our music. Holding these events, fundraisers and other charitable activities on a global level will ignite a spark of enthusiasm in the public and drive them towards a profound interest in the IEDMHF®’s mission and its sponsors.

The IEDMHF® is a public charity that provides aid to areas of social reform like healthcare, global warming, endangered species, and education. We take into account the needs of underprivileged groups and individuals as a center for improvement in our society. As a sponsor, you will partake in our cost-effective impact to achieving the next stages of reform.

Donations from our sponsors and events will disperse to major divisions of our corporation, which are administration, IEDMHF® events, and charity funds. Our charity fund includes the following:
    Education: Students interested in continuing their endeavors in the music arts will have a chance to apply for an educational scholarship: The Home Grown Fund. This fund will allow selective individuals a chance to have their tuition funded and the funds will be given directly to their educational institution. We believe that the IEDMHF® is engineering the future artistic leaders of this industry and only those that really want to cultivate their art through education and hard work will be given the opportunity.
    Social Development: The IEDMHF® will directly donate funds to oppressed people (there is no red tape) that cannot financially help themselves with hospital and clinic bills, and other healthcare issues which involve payment for a person’s well being.
    Research: We will also accept research proposals involving a genuine improvement for humanity. Proposal’s thesis can reside outside the International Electronic Dance Music community.
    IEDMHF® Founders are Currently Hiring and Interviewing for Positions in this Non Profit Organization. Please Contact Us if you are interested in participating or for sponsorship information.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• fuctuup
      Addiction started
      • Aug 2007

/\ Doesn't look like there is much to that, the website is very simple, but it has to start somewhere right.

Comment

• floridaorange
        I'm merely a humble butler
        • Dec 2005

^yup

International Electronic Music Hall (iedmhf)'s profile on Myspace, the place where people come to connect, discover, and share.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• darin epsilon
          Gold Gabber
          • Jul 2004

Well, they better start off with Kraftwerk, Giorgio Moroder, LTJ Bukem, Brian Eno, John Cage, Pierre Henry, Pierre Schaeffer, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Robert Moog, Derrick May, Juan Atkins, Kevin Saunderson, Frankie Knuckles, and yes, even Oakenfold, hehe.
          Website | Facebook | SoundCloud | Beatport | Twitter | YouTube

http://soundcloud.com/darinepsilon/darin-epsilon-perspectives-072-pig-dan-frisky-radio-may-2013

Comment

• darin epsilon
            Gold Gabber
            • Jul 2004

And let's not forget DJ Funk, who is still the figurehead of ghetto house aka booty house

http://soundcloud.com/darinepsilon/darin-epsilon-perspectives-072-pig-dan-frisky-radio-may-2013

Comment

• fuctuup
              Addiction started
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by darin epsilon
              Well, they better start off with Kraftwerk, Giorgio Moroder, LTJ Bukem, Brian Eno, John Cage, Pierre Henry, Pierre Schaeffer, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Robert Moog, Derrick May, Juan Atkins, Kevin Saunderson, Frankie Knuckles, and yes, even Oakenfold, hehe.
              Only have heard of half those guys mention. I'm sure you would know though.

Pierre Henry (born 9 December 1927 in Paris, France) is a French composer, considered a pioneer of the musique concrète genre of electronic music. Interesting.

Gonna read up on a few of the ones I haven't heard of, maybe I can learn something new. PEACE

Comment

• darin epsilon
                Gold Gabber
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by fuctuup
                Only have heard of half those guys mention. I'm sure you would know though.

Pierre Henry (born 9 December 1927 in Paris, France) is a French composer, considered a pioneer of the musique concrète genre of electronic music. Interesting.

Gonna read up on a few of the ones I haven't heard of, maybe I can learn something new. PEACE
                Pierre Henry and Pierre Schaeffer were responsible for Musique concrète, which is basically the idea that music is not exclusive to just instruments and voices. Ordinary sounds can be cut up and played around to create a composition. This is not unlike sampling in electronic music, which is what keeps the sound so unique from every other style of music out there.

Who have/haven't you heard of before? Wikipedia will be your best friend

Comment

• mnbvcxz
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Feb 2006

Kraftwerk was definitely be the first inductees

Comment

• darin epsilon
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Jul 2004

I'm sure there are a lot more names that could be included, but these were the first guys that came to my head. In no particular order...

Kraftwerk - influential group and innovator of electronic music, one of the first to incorporate a drum machine in their recordings.
                    Giorgio Moroder - one of the most famous names of the disco era, the precursor to house music
                    LTJ Bukem - originator, creator, innovator of atmospheric aka "intelligent" drum and bass
                    Brian Eno - the founder of ambient music
                    John Cage - no not Johnny Cage from Mortal Kombat! One of the most influential composers of the 20th century. Best known for his composition 4'33"
                    Pierre Henry and Pierre Schaeffer - pioneers of musique concrete, as explained above
                    Karlheinz Stockhausen - famous German composer, some acknowledge him as the most important of the 20th century
                    Robert Moog - inventor of the Moog synthesizer, the first of its kind that spawned numerous later inventions
                    Derrick May, Juan Atkins, Kevin Saunderson - the "Belleville 3". Inspired by Kraftwerk's sound and became the originators of techno while living in Detroit.
                    Frankie Knuckles - Resident DJ at the Warehouse (nicknamed the "House") in Chicago and regarded as the person most responsible for starting house music, hence how he got the nickname the "Godfather of House music". The street where the Warehouse once stood is now known as Frankie Knuckles Way.
                    Paul Oakenfold - admit it, the first dance CD you bought was Tranceport!

Comment

• TitianWarrior
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Sep 2005

I'd add Tangerine Dream too, and New Order.
                      http://soundcloud.com/titianwarrior

Comment

• fuctuup
                        Addiction started
                        • Aug 2007

Who have/haven't you heard of before? Wikipedia will be your best friend
                        Believe that brother. Rememeber the days, at least I do, of the old encyclopedia? A wealth of knowledge is only a click away. Thanks for enlightening me on these talented people.
                        Last edited by fuctuup; December 31, 2009, 09:47:21 AM.

Comment

• Kamal
                          Administrator
                          • May 2002

Originally posted by TitianWarrior
                          I'd add Tangerine Dream too, and New Order.
                          now that's a name from the past, have they had any new releases?
                          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                          Originally posted by ace_dl
                          Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Steve Graham
                            DJ Jelly
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
                            Founded in 1967 by Edgar Froese in West-Berlin, Tangerine Dream was formative in the genre of electronic music. After Edgar Froese’s death in 2015, ...

some good info there mate, and some good music!

Comment

• MJ
                              Here since 2002
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
                              ^^ One of my fathers favorite bands, along with Mike Oldfield, Rick Wakeman, Tomita, Alan Parsons and Tontos Expanding Headband.

I guess I get my love of electronic music from my parents eh?
                              mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

Working...