Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Micko
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Oct 2004

Re: Anthony Pappa @ Private Function #40 (Melbourne) - old skool set 25-12-2009

Any joy Didi with the higher bitrate?

Sounds like a belter of a night

Comment

• tiddles
      Encryption, Jr.
      • Jun 2004

this motherfucker can mix!
      nice memories on this set

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Micko
        Any joy Didi with the higher bitrate?

Sounds like a belter of a night
        Forgot to ask I'll try to remember. But This is actually pretty good for 128
        Originally posted by TheVrk
        it IS incredible isn't it??
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Awesome for the gym.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• spyros
            Gold Gabber
            • May 2007

dont know how i missed this set... getting it now!!! t/l and comments are sooooo good!!!
            Greeks don't fight like heroes, heroes fight like Greeks

"Winston Churchill"

Comment

• Micko
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by DIDI
              Forgot to ask I'll try to remember. But This is actually pretty good for 128
              No worries Didi

Comment

• Dhar_2
                meat and potatoes
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sakio pod
                badass tunes.....how come this music NEVER gets OLD???
                because its fucking A tunage!!!

Comment

• GAVIN.MCAVOY
                  Addiction started
                  • Nov 2008

ticket!!!

Comment

• dodsy87
                    Addiction started
                    • Jun 2006

Lets face it, Pappa's talent is second to none, he is a legend, yet his tunes are not my cup of earl grey. I did miss this, instead i was seeing LTJ Bukem and DJ Marky back to back two blocks over........ im happy with my decision, haha. I do love his old school prog stuff though so im willing to give this a listen. His new stuff is junk in my eyes, his Moment Vol. 2 cd is rubbish at best, i was bitterly disappointed with it. Thoughts??? Kasey Taylor is still the best thing that has ever come out of Australia in my opinion

Comment

• Dhar_2
                      meat and potatoes
                      • Jun 2004

i have to admit, i wasnt overly keen on the effects he used on this!

it would have been better without them!

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

That's why I don't like Phil K !! He is nearly all effects and you can"t dance to effects. !!

I didn't notice them too much on Pappa though, certainly didn't stop dancing. I have noticed he gets into them more the longer a set is, which is probably why I don't want Pappa in sets that are over three hours. I don't compare Pappa and Kasey, they are quite different Djs . I love them both!! Kasey is back next month !!

Btw The Pappa set at Trust Us was recorded so I guess whichever one of us sees it first will put it up !! And it definitely sounded great there. !!
                        Originally posted by TheVrk
                        it IS incredible isn't it??
                        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• GregWhelan
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

The missing track after Jark Prongo and before Odessi is Breeder - Beetlejuice (from Nick Warrens GU Budapest)
                          think this may have had a name change though? It also appeared on Pappa's Renaissance when he mixed Skydive over the top of it.

Comment

• chunky
                            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by GregWhelan
                            The missing track after Jark Prongo and before Odessi is Breeder - Beetlejuice (from Nick Warrens GU Budapest)
                            think this may have had a name change though? It also appeared on Pappa's Renaissance when he mixed Skydive over the top of it.
                            The track on Pappa's Renaissance CD is 3 Breeder tracks mixed into one. i think they called it Angel Dust. I think it was Beetlejuice, Twilo Thunder & The Chain but I could be wrong, its been a few years since I dug it out
                            Originally posted by res0nat0r
                            OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• feather
                              Shanghai ooompa loompa
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Dhar_2
                              i have to admit, i wasnt overly keen on the effects he used on this!

it would have been better without them!
                              Originally posted by DIDI
                              That's why I don't like Phil K !! He is nearly all effects and you can"t dance to effects. !!

I didn't notice them too much on Pappa though, certainly didn't stop dancing.
                              I think what you're referring to aren't effects the way Phil K does them. Pappa has a habbit of tapping or scratching some records to change their beats, I think it's his DMC pedigree showing You certainly hear a bit of that towards the later part of the set.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• klangfabrik
                                Platinum Poster
                                • Jun 2009

uhmmmm missed this somehow.
                                good set
                                good mixing
                                good tunes (TWILO THUNDER !!!)
                                good quality

what else do i need?

Comment

Working...