• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chunky
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jan 2006

Re: Inception

Originally posted by ethanhunts
    Intelligent, innovative and exciting, which Inception rare summer blockbuster that succeeds as well as viscerally intellectually.brain, Twister, to be sure. But the fact that the plot requires attention only increases the joy.
    Man go's back to change something in the past for a different outcome in the future. It was Terminator with some spin or Bill & Ted's Adventure. Same man has some GF issues from the past that he has trouble dealing with (Strange Days). Man then gets the mission into trouble so has to resort to doing something that failed in the past (Blades of Glory & hundreds of other movies).
    Originally posted by res0nat0r
    OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• res0nat0r
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • May 2006

Originally posted by chunky
      Man go's back to change something in the past for a different outcome in the future. It was Terminator with some spin or Bill & Ted's Adventure. Same man has some GF issues from the past that he has trouble dealing with (Strange Days). Man then gets the mission into trouble so has to resort to doing something that failed in the past (Blades of Glory & hundreds of other movies).
      Actually all good points. I can see how this could be rehashed, but really what isn't anymore? Still thought this flick was very entertaining. FYI Strange Days is one of my all time favs. And good job on the new Heisenberg avatar

Comment

• res0nat0r
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • May 2006

banned

Comment

• Shpira
          Angry Boy Child
          • Oct 2006

really don't get why everyone is having multiple orgasms about this film...i saw it twice and apart from the visual experience...the film is a meh at best.
          The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
          Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Kamal
            Administrator
            • May 2002

^^ Did you watch it sober yet?
            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
            he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
            Originally posted by ace_dl
            Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
            I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Shpira
              Angry Boy Child
              • Oct 2006

yes...first time round
              The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
              Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Highsteppa
                Gold Gabber
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Shpira
                really don't get why everyone is having multiple orgasms about this film...i saw it twice and apart from the visual experience...the film is a meh at best.
                One of the things I admired most about the film is how it manages to coherently tell four stories at the same time - not an easy feat from a writer's standpoint. The fact that they were able to jump from dream area to dream area and not allow things to get too confusing and not bog down the rhythm of the movie is very impressive for a storyteller to pull off. There's very few directors that I think could pull off a juggle for multiple stories running concurrently.

Most movies set up their plots and subplots in a russian doll kind of set up, with the smallest subplot being around the middle or the climax of the movie, while the overall arching plot carries the movie pretty much from beginning to end. It's generally considered easier for audiences to follow and easier to script and shoot in order to sell the movie when it's being pitched to studios. Inception does have this set up but changes the timing of it to have them resolve themselves in a rhythm when climax after climax after climax hits all in a quick succession and makes each resolution impact uniquely and memorably in an editing method that isn't usually seen onscreen very often (unless the writers are lazy and don't know how to wrap up the film).

I also really liked it because it was one of the few summer movies that actually engaged me on a thinking level - it's not a movie that you almost instantly forget after you've walked out of the theater like Salt. Something like that coming out in the summer and managing to deliver on the high expectations I had for it earned a place on my top ten of the year for 2010.

Comment

• floridaorange
                  I'm merely a humble butler
                  • Dec 2005

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Illuminate
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Aug 2009

^now that's interesting.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                    Sbando
                    - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                    Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                    Bob
                    "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                    the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                    KiwiTollway

Comment

• floridaorange
                      I'm merely a humble butler
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Illuminate
                      ^now that's interesting.
                      yeep, prob deserves it's own thread, but i'll let members stumble their way upon it instead, it's more fun that way, am I right or am I right

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• nick007
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Oct 2007

Watched this again on the weekend - got to say I liked it better second time around and understood the concept better with the layers. Someoone was certainly using more of his grey matter to create this

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                          Anyone have Styx livesets?
                          • Jun 2004

honest Inception trailer (funny)

Contains spoilers - if you STILL haven't seen his movie - then what the F! are you waiting for

....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• nelinho
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Sep 2011

ha

Comment

• nelinho
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by floridaorange
                              brilliant.

watched first 35 mins....its late...inception time for me. will watch remainder soon.

Comment

Working...