X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

2010 - Another year of rotting away in my cubicle

god life is going by quick and being stuck in an office all day sucks.
  • Adzey
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Mar 2008

Re: 2010 - Another year of rotting away in my cubicle

nowt wrong with being in an office particularly when there are lots of office tarts aboot

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"

Comment

• BureOne
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

I feel ya! Been in the same situation myself for quite some time now. And there aint no "tarts" here either!!

But, I do get to browse the internet and listen to music all day. Its what keeps me from going AWOL around my cubicle!

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

I'm determined to be out of this fuckin job sometime this year, on to something else... been in the same industry since 1997, and though I feel blessed to have a very recession proof job, I really am sick of waking up monday dreading going to work

Comment

• yerg
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2006

stock trading - a way to a free life :sigh:

Comment

• res0nat0r
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • May 2006

i guess i should be happy, i make pretty good money and dont work very hard really, but stuck in an office with a bunch of dorks 2x my age sucks.
            i dont think our IT contract with our client is going to get renewed next year and they are going to screw alot of us out of work here and send it to TCS over in india. i will just look around and do the same shit until it happens to me again. i should uproot and move to chicago if i can get a comparable job money wise, at least there will be more to do.

Comment

• lilsensa
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Steve Graham
              I'm determined to be out of this fuckin job sometime this year, on to something else... been in the same industry since 1997, and though I feel blessed to have a very recession proof job, I really am sick of waking up monday dreading going to work
              What do you do?
              RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• Steve Graham
                DJ Jelly
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by res0nat0r
                i guess i should be happy, i make pretty good money and dont work very hard really, but stuck in an office with a bunch of dorks 2x my age sucks.
                i dont think our IT contract with our client is going to get renewed next year and they are going to screw alot of us out of work here and send it to TCS over in india. i will just look around and do the same shit until it happens to me again. i should uproot and move to chicago if i can get a comparable job money wise, at least there will be more to do.
                hear hear, I go to meeting and these old geezers walk in and they're way to fuckin excited about the projects I feel so out of place, especially if i've had a gig that weekend or something

Originally posted by lilsensa
                What do you do?
                right now I'm an engineer for a cable tv company, Knology (Brighthouse's competition in Pinellas county)
                I've also done RF design and fibre optic network design in the same area

I also don't work all that hard, get decent benefits and drive a company vehicle, but after almost 13 years in the same field, I'm ready for change

Comment

• lilsensa
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

^^That's cool. Sounds interesting.
                  RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• Steve Graham
                    DJ Jelly
                    • Jun 2004

it's not, lol

Comment

• clintlove
                      Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                      • Jun 2004

funny to hop on here and see this thread, I'm feeling the same way today... rotting behind a computer

If manual labor paid well and I could build a career doing it, I'd much rather be digging a trench. At least I'd be active.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• Steve Graham
                        DJ Jelly
                        • Jun 2004

^^ reminds of the end of Office Space

This isn't so bad, huh? Makin' bucks, gettin' exercise, workin' outside

Comment

• BureOne
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

LOL!.. been in the same industry myself since '98.. Insurance..not life, or auto. We place insurance for people with high exposure so at least it's not your average shit.

But I'm stuck here. Just got a house and I aint about to venture out of here!

Comment

• BureOne
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by clintlove
                            funny to hop on here and see this thread, I'm feeling the same way today... rotting behind a computer

If manual labor paid well and I could build a career doing it, I'd much rather be digging a trench. At least I'd be active.
                            Same here! I've said that before... would love to be outside if it would pay the same and have same benefits.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                              DJ Jelly
                              • Jun 2004

^^^ yeah, I'd never leave without something lined up, especially I this economy and job market

plus, new year, so my sick days and vacation days just started again, lol

Comment

Working...