X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Late Report - Sasha + Twisted Audio (Ministry of Sound) New Years Day 2010

Yeh yeh .... I realise I'm a little bit late with this but thought I'd throw up a post anyway

After Sasha's "performance" and antics at WHP a few weeks earlier (i.e. playing 45 mins and calling it a day without so much as a twitter to explain) bets were being taken on whether he'd even turn up

The good news is that (i) he did (ii) he was early and (iii) he was bang on form

This really was a great way to start 2010. Firstly I'd like to give a shout out to Andy Newland and the Twisted Audio guys (Andy + Warren Mooney, Sarah Rodin and guest Steve Marx) who run regular nights in London + the occasional boat party + the odd night in snazzy worldwide locations (nice work if you can get it). Twisted Audio are a great example of people with a passion for EDM and have been pro-active in making sure that, if the night doesn't exist out there, then we'll damn well put one on. So kudos !

Twisted Audio has really taken off in the past year and I'd urge anyone in London to check them out - hosting the Baby Box at MOS they played brilliant progressive vs deep house i.e. the music we all love, and crucially they were on it from the off. Having been to a few nights across the UK they are simply far superior to a lot of the dirge that goes for clubbing music these days. Plus they are all very down to earth and a great bunch.

http://www.twisted-audio.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2409783297
    http://www.myspace.com/twistedaudiocom

Andy also hosts some of his sets on Soundcloud and has DJ's with the likes of John Digweed, Nick Warren, Luke Fair and played at Bedrock (Matter and Global Gathering)

http://soundcloud.com/newlandandy

So offer these guys your support (next TA night Feb 6th 2010) :

nwjod1.jpg

.... right, after a brilliantly twisted start to the evening it's onto events in the main MOS room (The Box) where Sasha turned up (and started) early - I reckon his watch was still on Madrid time.

Here's photographic proof that he turned up !

Playing off the new CDJ 2000's with the tracks taken from his mac Sasha was on fire for 3 hours. Lots of the deep lush eclectic music that we love him to play, but with a structure, planting ideas and developing the set, with the whole dancefloor really getting into what was being played.

Some comments taken from the Bedrock board:

"TA room was rocking too, great set from Warren and then Steve and Andy cranked it up with stuff like Jay Lumen - Morning Cocktail, that Funk D'Void remix of Vince Watson and D Dub - Rise Up. Left at about 1:30 as Sasha had come on early.

Well that was quite something, probably the best set I have seen Sasha play for 3 or 4 years. The CDJs made all the difference in my opinion and you could see he was clearly enjoying himself.
    He had a real hypnotic groove going and was quite uplifting for the last few hours. He even turned up early too, (about 45 mins early) what was all that about ???

I only recognised Butch - 1000 Lords (Zoo Brazil mix), which sounded awesome and a few others, was mostly newish stuff. Would love to know what some of those tunes were. Some proper epic melodic prog tracks and plenty of bassline destroyers. In short, nothing short of amazing. "

" Quite simply outstanding. He clearly enjoys playing on the Ministry system and the fact he was enjoying himself so much clearly showed in the music. He absolutely nailed it last night. Everyone I spoke to and all the crowd I was with loved it. After a couple of years with average sets, this restored the faith again. "

Here's some ID's for you

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9r1ntr8ORc[/YOUTUBE]

Yamil Colucci - Bactriana (Stripped recordings) - opening track above
    Damian Lazarus - Spinning (Sasha Remix)
    Damabiah - Sur Les Genoux d Lautomne
    Josh Gabriel - Entanglement
    Cobblestone Jazz - W

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEQsWexbgh0[/YOUTUBE]

Einmusik - Atl antis (above)
    Doves 'Jetstream' (Sasha's Subdub)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6AY_Ogo3sU[/YOUTUBE]

Einmusik - Altered beyond recognition (Original mix) (above)
    Yamil Colucci - Bactriana
    Butch - '1000 Lords' (Zoo Brazil Remix)
    plus one of the Marc Marzenit tracks from Bedrock 11 (Unexpiritualized ?)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuTEa1ymZQ8[/YOUTUBE]

All in all, 2010 is setting itself up to be a great year
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.
  • chunky
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jan 2006

Re: Late Report - Sasha + Twisted Audio (Ministry of Sound) New Years Day 2010

I had a wicked night. It was nice to catch up with Simon & Dan again. I thought Sasha was great. On the way out I got talking to a girl who just happened to be Niel Quigley's girlfriend (she browses on here occasionally). Even stranger my mate had to help a certain supermodel get sorted with the white
    Originally posted by res0nat0r
    OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• fatalfelix
      Platinum Poster
      • May 2008

Nice report, wondering what the ID of the last track is
      "Computer games don’t affect kids: I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Comment

• andynewland
        Gold Gabber
        • Jul 2004

Cheers Si for the support :-)

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
          Anyone have Styx livesets?
          • Jun 2004

they have supermodels for curtains now????
          ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• chunky
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
            they have supermodels for curtains now????
            Must be the white getting to me to
            Originally posted by res0nat0r
            OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• simonr
              Transitionator
              • Jun 2004

LOL forgot to mention the [ms] crew

Domnal (Dan) ably assisted me ... hat's off to him, he's seen Sasha approx 12 times in the past months and they even have the same taste in expensive-organic hand-stiched-dragon-emblem-did-I-mention_expensive combat pants !!

Great to be out with Chunky (Chris) again ... always great company and a wealth of stories to keep the night going (supermodels, alsations, the lot) !
              sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• funky_monkey
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2004

Man, it's such a shame that I got destroyed the night before, and simply didn't have the stamina to go to Ministry Oh well, another ticket got wasted
                --The world is always three drinks behind--

Comment

• coliver1980
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by simonr
                  they even have the same taste in expensive-organic hand-stiched-dragon-emblem-did-I-mention_expensive combat pants !!
                  Maharishi??

Comment

• simonr
                    Transitionator
                    • Jun 2004

^^ Bad decision lol !

Make sure you meet up with us all next big night (Cable ?) .... there's nothing like a bit of peer pressure
                    sigpicSimonR

Comment

• simonr
                      Transitionator
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by coliver1980
                      Maharishi??
                      Yeh ! Dan should be sponsored by them

Tried a Pretty Green trench coat on in Selfridges yesterday ... very nice.

Luckily the £675 price tag put me off .. at least I know I'm a medium though.
                      sigpicSimonR

Comment

• coliver1980
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Aug 2008

^^Tis expensive indeed man. I'v my eye on that trench coat!! Can't get any of that kit over here, i just order online.

Comment

• funky_monkey
                          Addiction started
                          • Jun 2004

^^ Bad decision lol !

Make sure you meet up with us all next big night (Cable ?) .... there's nothing like a bit of peer pressure

Yeah Cable seems to be the next thing on the horizon. Not the biggest Borato fan out there, but hey - a boozefest in a nice crowd ain't a bad thing as well
                          --The world is always three drinks behind--

Comment

• simonr
                            Transitionator
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by funky_monkey
                            Yeah Cable seems to be the next thing on the horizon. Not the biggest Borato fan out there, but hey - a boozefest in a nice crowd ain't a bad thing as well
                            Make sure you check out twisted - great music/intimate venue ... Nick Warren always plays a few show stoppers (e.g. Sander's Sacred).
                            sigpicSimonR

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                              Anyone have Styx livesets?
                              • Jun 2004

Yeh ! Dan should be sponsored by them

Tried a Pretty Green trench coat on in Selfridges yesterday ... very nice.

Luckily the £675 price tag put me off .. at least I know I'm a medium though.
                              who needs a 675 quid (1100 dollar) trenchcoat!
                              Isnt that what myspace is for anyway?

....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

Working...