Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Domnal
    Getting Somewhere
    • Apr 2006

Re: Late Report - Sasha + Twisted Audio (Ministry of Sound) New Years Day 2010

2010...Sasha+Twisted Audio+Ministry of Sound was a freaking amazing way to start the year.

Starting off in the Baby Box with Twisted Audio, Andy and the gang fucking rocked it. I heard some of the best music about, Andy Newland played 4 tracks one after the other at one point and I just kept saying to Si fuck me this is fucking amazing music, him and Steve Marx really clicked together and it was just great great music, Sarah and Warren both played lovely groovy house music that was a damn site better than a lot of the warm up DJ's that I have heard warm up fro Sasha over the past 12 months. I say this to Si all the time, I wish promoters would think on and have a decent warm up, because quite frankly, I have seen some absolute shite the past year, which makes the hours leading up to Sasha an absolute chore. So anyway, huge respect and thanks to TA for making sure that this deffo didn't happen this time.

I always say this, the Box (The main room at Ministry) is probably my favourite room in the land. The sound system is phenomenal. I missed the start of Sasha as he started EARLY, yes, I said EARLY. Fair play, from the get go he was mad up for it. Highly animated and playing some amazing amazing music. It is refreshing to hear him mixing it up again instead of being locked behind his Macbook all night. The hours simply flew by, the three hours I heard from 1:30 until 5 were unreal. At one point he dropped consecutive vocal tracks one after the other, one had this crazy break down which in Simonr's words 'sounded like Abba'!!!

All in all it was a fantastic way to start the year, great music, great company (as always ) and a fucking great sound system.

Cheers Si for the maharishi digs, you are right, I should be fucking sponsored by them!

Happy New Year Everyone!

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

excellent report Si, much appreciated, again feel almost like I was there for it, cheers!

and congrats to Andy for bringing his A game again ...

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• ace_dl
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

After reading these reviews guys I so much want to see ManLike again.

Glad you had a wonderful time. Cheers
        Speakman Sound - Hold the Line

Comment

• stripped99
          Getting Somewhere
          • Apr 2005

Nice one Simon had a wicked night got there around Midnight was in the bar til around 1.30 caught a bit of Sultan then headed into the main room at 1.30 and didnt leave til the end.A great night was made even better when Sasha dropped two tracks (out this month and next) he only got on Dec 30.

Yamil Colucci - Bactriana and Nick Robson - 9PM both on Stripped Recordings.

Comment

• Eau Rouge
            Addiction started
            • Apr 2009

Thanks for the excellent reviews boys. Glad you all had fun and that he turned up!

Checking out TA....

Comment

• simonr
              Transitionator
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by stripped99
              Nice one Simon had a wicked night got there around Midnight was in the bar til around 1.30 caught a bit of Sultan then headed into the main room at 1.30 and didnt leave til the end.A great night was made even better when Sasha dropped two tracks (out this month and next) he only got on Dec 30.

Yamil Colucci - Bactriana and Nick Robson - 9PM both on Stripped Recordings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3paxWer8gb8
              I believe the phrase is "dope tracks"

Kudos to Stripped Recs .... and please keep up the good work guys.
              sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• AntonyM
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by chunky
                I had a wicked night. It was nice to catch up with Simon & Dan again. I thought Sasha was great. On the way out I got talking to a girl who just happened to be Niel Quigley's girlfriend (she browses on here occasionally). Even stranger my mate had to help a certain supermodel get sorted with the white
                Coke and Supermodels are a match made in heaven, lesson learned: always bring the charlie when out for the night. Great thing about Sasha is when he is on, the night is a blur of beautiful sights, sounds, and atomsphere, brilliant report once again Simon.
                Originally posted by Shpira
                So came back last night...
                Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                Originally posted by Illuminate
                Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• andynewland
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jul 2004

Cheers Dan - new mix up as well, Not sure if youve seen it

Comment

• Dzone
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jul 2004

Nice Report Simon...glad you lads had fun
                    It's always nice meeting chris he is well funy block that can talk for england ...very very intersting stories as well, actually any thing with charlie & models is of an interst to me
                    ^^What dosen't Kill you make you stronger ^^

Comment

• iogan
                      Fresh Peossy
                      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by fatalfelix
                      Nice report, wondering what the ID of the last track is

last track was , domınik eulberg - daten ( sistema remix)

Comment

• Tortuga
                        Addiction started
                        • Feb 2006

Nice!

Groove Armada - I Won't Kneel (Joe & Will Ask Remix)

Comment

• nipper25
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • May 2007

Bloody hell there's me thinking the white stuff was snow instead of columbian army marching powder

Obviously I need to get out more

Comment

• andyj666
                            Fresh Peossy
                            • Jun 2008

Was a brilliant night! Sasha on top form

Anyone know what this track is with the female vocals...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ImCjovkGT8[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Working...