• Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Kick Ass (2010)

[YOUTUBE]oKjycnhKxY4[/YOUTUBE]

More trailers.

Looking forward to this. Looks like a fun movie.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • Highsteppa
    Gold Gabber
    • Feb 2005

Re: Kick Ass (2010)

The guy who wrote the comic (Mark Millar - one of the more visionary comic book writers out there right now), is involved, and it's really faithful to the comic series.

I have very high hopes for it, and I'm waiting to hear if it's any good when it screens at the SXSW festival that's coming up.

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

I follow Millar a bit on The Ultimates, Ultimate Fantastic Four, and The Authority but haven't read Kick Ass. It's drawn by Romita Jr whom I'm a fan of as well, but the premise for the comic just didn't appeal to me (more into Millar's epic big screen style on comic action). This trailer looked fun though, kinda reminded me of Mystery Men but maybe/probably not as comedic/campy.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Highsteppa
        Gold Gabber
        • Feb 2005

It's funny because the comic is a lot looser in the sense of mood compared to Millar's other works, but campy isn't the word I'd use to describe it, as it moves into some pretty dark and very violent territory through the series (and from what I understand is kept intact with the film - expect a bit of controversy to accompany the movie when it comes out in April).

It's a bit more sober and a bit less fantastic (in the sense that the super heroes are more simply costumed vigilantes like the Watchmen than anyone possessing any supernatural powers). The story arc however was very well done, and very, very funny.

Comment

• CircleGuy
          Banned
          • Jan 2010

i saw the trailer featuring hit girl and it looked bad ass

Comment

• DSSFASTEDDIE
            Fresh Peossy
            • Apr 2008

Looks like it;s going to be ass kicker