• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ds
    Getting Somewhere
    • Aug 2005

SPENCER PARKER [Buzzin Fly, Rekids] - Jan. 15, 2010 - BAR 13

http://www.residentadvisor.net/image...1262-front.jpg

Stranjjur NYC is proud to present to you our fourth event; continuing our tireless effort to introduce internationally acclaimed artists to the ever-growing underground house scene in New York City. This time around, we are excited to welcome the one and only SPENCER PARKER to Bar 13, for an exclusive U.S. appearance!

Spencer Parker is a man who really needs absolutely no introduction whatsoever. In recent years, Spencer has become one of the most talked about producers in the industry, and with good reason: Spencer has accumulated an entire wall covered with massive hit releases for Ben Watt's Buzzin fly Records and Matt Edwards' Rekids imprint (just to name a couple). There's no wondering why this new London-to-Berlin transplant has been on everyone's radar. His groove-focused house and techno cuts are practically custom-fit for New York, with subtle hints of New York, Chicago, Detroit and Berlin sprinkled upon every passing bar.

Believe it or not, tt's been nearly ten years since Spencer Parker made his one and only prior appearance in New York City. So we feel it goes without saying that this is an appearance that has been years in the making! In fact, Spencer is so excited to play for NYC that he has opted to play an extended set for us on Friday, January 15, at Bar 13!

Be sure to arrive early for this extended set! Warm-up duties will be handled by Stranjjur (Kev Obrien Francisco V.), while the evening will be closed in extra-bouncy fashion by Billy Disciple + Deepspell

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Stranjjur NYC & Undulate Recordings present...

S P E N C E R P A R K E R (Buzzin fly, Rekids, Tsuba - Berlin)
    **1st NYC appearance in 8 years!** ***EXTENDED SET***

warm up duties:
    STRANJJUR (Kev Obrien & Francisco V.)

closing shop:
    BILLY DISCIPLE & DEEPSPELL (Undulate Recordings)

time: 10pm - 4am
    ages: 21+
    $15 berore midnight
    $20 AFter ---> limited reduced list available with RSVP at this link:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    NEXT MONTH: Fri Feb 5th we welcome PEZZNER and AUDIO SOUL PROJECT!!!!!
    www.undulaterecordings.com - www.soundcloud.com/undulate - www.myspace.com/deepspellnyc

Check out my catalog on BEATPORT
  • AntonyM
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Oct 2004

Re: SPENCER PARKER [Buzzin Fly, Rekids] - Jan. 15, 2010 - BAR 13

Trying to rally the troops to make this, Audio Soul Project next month will be a great show as well.
    Originally posted by Shpira
    So came back last night...
    Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
    Originally posted by Illuminate
    Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
    2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
    3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
    4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• AntonyM
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Oct 2004

Re: SPENCER PARKER [Buzzin Fly, Rekids] - Jan. 15, 2010 - BAR 13

Great night, but got so loose on the dancefloor, got bounced, oh well.
      Originally posted by Shpira
      So came back last night...
      Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
      Originally posted by Illuminate
      Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
      2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
      3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
      4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

Working...