X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Producers Lament !!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBsGiuAEPXc&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Amazing how any work in the entertainment area is treated like this!!
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies
  • chanty
    John, John, where art thou!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Producers Lament !!

That's well done with some humour, unfortunately it's not a laughing matter. My industry is the friggin same and there are no standards to protect freelancers. I can't tell you how many times I have been asked to work for free or a severly reduced rate with the promise that it would lead to future projects and employment.
    Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• chunky
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Jan 2006

Digweed posted this on Bedrock. A lot funnier than the YES joke
      Originally posted by res0nat0r
      OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

^^^ Did he say if he pays for tracks.
        Originally posted by chanty
        That's well done with some humour, unfortunately it's not a laughing matter. My industry is the friggin same and there are no standards to protect freelancers. I can't tell you how many times I have been asked to work for free or a severly reduced rate with the promise that it would lead to future projects and employment.
        I worked in the photographic side of the industry. Same deal!! Actually the film industry is a shocker. We have producer /director here who seems to be able to get anyone to work for him for free!! That's probably why this resonated so strongly with me. And why I am eternallly grateful to those guys who give me, unasked, high quality tracks for my listening pleasure

I have a personal policy of never asking someone for free what they do for a living. !!!
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• chunky
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by DIDI

I have a personal policy of never asking someone for free what they do for a living. !!!
          Yeah I agree, I worked with some bands in the early 90's and always make a point of paying to get in whenever I go and see them now.

Its like all the aggro on the Bedrock board about the charity event next month, I will be paying more than the £5 minimum. To many people who want something for nothing
          Originally posted by res0nat0r
          OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• NID
            Addiction started
            • Sep 2008

All I can say is, this video actually show a best case scenario . Most time's there is no money, no one will return your emails and you're lucky if you have a contract, let alone any form of payment before you turn in the masters.

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

^^^That sucks !!

Chunky , good one !! What is it with people that actually expect Kudos for getting very cheap entry and going to charity events. ?? I never ever ask for freebies. !! I get so much out of this EDM scene I'm more than happy to pay to see my favourite artists. How good a fan would we be if we weren't prepared to pay ?? I have been lucky enough to be put on a couple of guestlists , but I really appreciate it and the actual important part is that Dj thought enough to put me on their list.

Comment

Working...