Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CAIIIA
    Getting warmed up
    • Sep 2004

Production two tracks i made - any feedback? :)

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

tnx
    www.djalexandar.com
    myspace.com/alexandardj
  • jeffrey collins
    Not cool enough
    • Jun 2004

Re: two tracks i made - any feedback?

You really should shorten the first breakdown in Strings. 1 minute of a breakdown in a track like that at the beginning really kills things. And that melody that kicks in around 2 minutes Really needs to be turned up. I would probably only have that melody by itself for 30 seconds. Then I'd double it with another very similar sound, to make it sound even bigger.

3:28-3:35...I'd get rid of this space, as it really doesn't do much but bring you into the breakdown. So just bring in a big delay at 3:25 and build it up for the three sec. and then blast into the breakdown.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zefepp5GTjc[/YOUTUBE]

You might get some amazing ideas with this little tutorial.

Keep it pumping!
    Jeffrey Collins: Painter
    My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
    My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Steve Graham
      DJ Jelly
      • Jun 2004

good work mate, keep it up.. i agree with a lot of what jeff is saying, that early break down in strings shouldn't really be longer than 4 bars 8 at the very most, early in a track break downs like that can be dance floor killers

after it kicks back in at 2 minutes you've got the meat of the track going for only around a minute and a half then another pretty long breakdown.. now, in that middle part maybe build into all those elements as right now its basically the same for the whole while, and i'm not saying it sounds bad, i like the melody and the groove, but there's not a lot of "movement" if that makes sense?
      maybe make that part of the track a bit longer, which won't make the track longer if you shorten the first breakdown, then if the second breakdown is over a minute the track won't lose as much momentum as it would with two really long breakdowns

i hope this helps

again, i really dig where the track is going!

as for the second one, i know it says in progress, but i like this one better than the first.. again though, the breakdown, for my taste is a bit too long, having said that, i look forward to hearing the finished version!

what are you using as far as production software, gear, etc?

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

well, apparently wasnt interested in any feedback, lol

Comment

• lilsensa
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

Earth to CAIIIA???? Are you still exist about earth?
          RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• jeffrey collins
            Not cool enough
            • Jun 2004

Being he put up Two tracks for critique, i'd say perhaps he's busy working on more tracks.
            Jeffrey Collins: Painter
            My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
            My Soundcloud page.

Comment

Working...