M:BODY w/ Brett Johnson, molecule, & Ernie PM [02/06] *Benefits Hearts for Haiti*

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • j_love01
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2006

M:BODY w/ Brett Johnson, molecule, & Ernie PM [02/06] *Benefits Hearts for Haiti*

Sounds Like Presents...

M:BODY benefiting Dallas Hearts for Haiti
    Saturday, Feb 6th, 2010

Brett Johnson - Classic, Cynosure, .Dotbleep
    Myspace
    Cynosure

With a DJ career that spans nearly 2 decades, Brett Johnson has gained the experience and musical knowledge to be considered a "DJ's DJ". Like his productions, his DJ sets are not bound by any genres. A big believer that a DJ should tell the audience a story, Brett weaves a musical journey full of hope, laughter and drama. His skill behind the turntables has allowed him to play at some of the hottest clubs and festivals in the world. Most recently, in 2009, Brett embarked on a Summer European tour that saw him playing the likes of the notorious clubs Fabric, Watergate, Cocoon and many others!

Brett has remixed high profile artists such as Mark Farina, Robbie Hardkiss, Smash TV, Soul Mechanik, Shur-I-Kan, and Iz and Diz just to name a few. His Bounce EP on Classic Recordings and his hit singles "Temptation and Lies", and "Where Are You Going?" proved that Brett is an electronic music staple not only here in Dallas, but in Texas, and across the globe. Be on the lookout for his forthcoming release on Cynosure, due in April.

molecule - Harmonious Discord, Red Music
    HD Recordings

Ernie PM - Unthoughtful Neighbors
    Myspace

The Cavern
    1914 Greenville Ave
    Dallas, TX
    The Cavern

Come see the upstairs area at The Cavern in a new way. We will be completely re-arranging the place to provide more of a dance floor friendly vibe. The near 3000 Watt Yorkville set up will be brought in to ensure the sound is on point. Also expect a couple of extra tricks throughout the night.

10PM-2AM
    No Cover; Donations accepted benefiting Dallas Hearts for Haiti (Hope For Life)
    $10 donation comes with wristband valid for discounts around town

Facebook Event
    Sounds Like

Last edited by j_love01; January 26, 2010, 07:42:59 PM.
    SOUNDSLIKE Web
    SOUNDSLIKE Facebook
  • j_love01
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2006

Re: M:BODY w/ Brett Johnson, molecule, & Ernie PM [02/06] *Benefits Hearts for Haiti*

Brett Johnson Summer 09 Fabric Promo

SOUNDSLIKE Web
    SOUNDSLIKE Facebook

Comment

• j_love01
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2006

Re: M:BODY w/ Brett Johnson, molecule, & Ernie PM [02/06] *Benefits Hearts for Haiti*

SOUNDSLIKE Web
      SOUNDSLIKE Facebook

Comment

• j_love01
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2006

Brett's new release!

Artist: Brett Johnson
        Release Title: Missing You
        Remixers: Q-Burns Abstract Message, Alland Byallo
        Label: EIGHT-TRACKS
        Catalog Number: 8TR008

To listen to Brett Johnson's Missing You click HERE.

After years of intense negotiation, EIGHT-TRACKS has finally been able to snag an otherworldly release from our favorite psychedelic warrior, renowned DJ/producer Brett Johnson. Brett should need no introduction with his checkered past of releasing top notch bleeps and booms for labels like Classic Music Company, Freerange, and his own Aesoteric imprint. The last few years has found Brett wandering the globe and evading capture but finally our EIGHT-TRACKS team of techno-investigators were able to track him down at his Dallas-based secret headquarters. The result of this confrontation is "Missing You," a gloriously melancholy cut that successfully bridges Brett's affinity for potent house rhythms, Detroit-bred bass lines, and decidedly deeper intentions. It satisfies that necessary primal groove as it successfully strums the heartstrings.

Imprisoned studio warlock Q-Burns Abstract Message was on hand to complement "Missing You" with a suspiciously spacious remix. Drawing inspiration from a pile of broken King Tubby records, Q-BAM's version rattles within a moisture-soaked cell block, building into an analog epiphany further enhanced through a steaming, dusty spring reverb box. Totally slinky for the dancefloor, it aims to beguile the rarely hypnotized.

San Francisco's KONTROL freak Alland Byallo was also enlisted to provide his magic touch to this already enchanted offering. Byallo's treatment finds pounding machinery giving way to a concrete funk, layers of vocal drones and synth bellows providing an aural blanket sprinkled in shimmering melody. Alland's hefty production strips "Missing You" of its melancholy and trades that for an ominous march, providing peak time fireworks when carefully placed in a DJ's set.

Brett Johnson returns to close out the single, wrestling a Space Bump Dub from his original scheme. Here a steady bounce holds the structure as strident tones confront calming synth pads. The vocal from the original returns, now serving as a warm, reassuring force amidst the digital surroundings. The space between the beats matter here, with the listener/dancer given room to comfortably navigate the exotic sonic landscape. It's deep stuff.

Brett Johnson's original and Space Bump Dub were mastered by C-Rock of Motorcitysoul while the remixes were mastered by EIGHT-TRACKS' own Atnarko. The artwork college is by Kyle Eagle (www.myspace.com/olekyleeagle).

EIGHT-TRACKS welcomes you to embrace Brett Johnson's "Missing You" and its crafty reworks, our first statement of 2010 and an encouraging signal for things to come.

Philip Sherburne (Pitchfork/The Wire) – “I’m really feeling the original and the dub alike … such lovely chords and compelling grooves, and that bass! Wonderful.”
        Laurent Garnier (DJ, France) – “More lovely deepness from the man. I will play this.”
        Doc Martin (DJ, US) – “I’m feeling Q-Burns Abstract Message’s dub vibrations!”
        John Selway (DJ, US) – “Brett’s Space Bump Dub for the win!”
        Demarkus Lewis (DJ, UK) – “Classic Brett Johnson. I’m loving the Dub and Alland's mix. Very nice!”
        Chris Fortier (DJ, US) – “I dig the Space Bump Dub and Alland Byallo’s Remix for my sets. Also, the Q-Burns Abstract Message Remix is very smooth and nice.”
        Bangana / Sumo (DJ, Sweden) – “I like the atmospheric sound of the Q.”
        Greg Oreck (Thugfucker) – “A fine release from a fine collection of fellows. Nice!”
        Deepchild (DJ, Germany) – “Wow. The Q-Burns Abstract Message Remix is disco-tastic, whilst Alland Byallo brings the toughness. A tidy little package.”
        Jay West (DJ, Argentina) – “A very solid release. The Space Bump Dub reminds me of the old good days. I will definitely support this!”
        Gavin Hardkiss (DJ, US) – “A seriously sick mix by Mr. Q-Burns Abstract Message.”
        Michal Ho (Tuning Spork) – “I’m loving the whole release, The original and Space Bump Dub are my faves.”
        Jay Tripwire (DJ, Canada) – “Yeah, this is great. I love the original mix and Alland’s mix a lot. I will play for sure.”
        Alexi Delano (DJ, US) – “XLNT!!”

Available now exclusively from Beatport.[/QUOTE]
        SOUNDSLIKE Web
        SOUNDSLIKE Facebook

Comment

• j_love01
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2006

A donation of $10 will go directly to the Dallas Hearts for Haiti fundraiser (http://thehopeforlife.org/) and a wristband will be received, valid for the following discounts:

Zubar-thezubar.com
          2012 Greenville Ave
          Drink Special All Night!

The Cavern (Up Stairs)-thecaverndallas.com
          1914 Greenville Ave
          Drink Special All Night!

Slice-eatatslice.com
          2010 Greenville Ave
          Free slice of pizza

The Public House
          2010 Greenville Ave
          Drink Special All Night!

Lost Society-lostsocietydallas.com
          2008 Greenville Ave
          Drink Special All Night!

Sugar Shack-myspace.com/sugarshackdallas
          1909 Greenville Avenue
          Drink Special All Night!

Greenville Ave Pizza Co-avenuepizzaco.com
          1923 Greenville Avenue
          $2.50 one topping pizza slice

Billiard Bar-dallasbilliardsbars.com
          1920 Greenville Avenue
          Drink Special All Night!

Blue Collar-bluecollarbar.net
          1924 N. Henderson
          Drink specials all night!

Cretia's
          4900 Mckinney Avenue

Hacienda-haciendaonhenderson.com
          2326 N. Henderson Ave
          20% Off

Urbino Pizza & Pasta
          2323 N. Henderson suite 102

Vapiano-vapianointernational.com/vapiano
          5319 East Mockingbird Lane
          Drinks Special All Night!
          Half-price pizza

In-Accord-inaccordde.onlybusiness.com
          2719 Main St.
          20% off merchandise
          50% off massages

Liquid Lounge-curtainclub.com
          2800 Main Street
          Drink Special All Night!

Deep End
          2721 Main Street
          50% off clothing

Lemongrass Asian Bistro-lemongrassdallas.com
          2711 Elm St.
          12-5 pm only free dessert and other specials!

July Alley
          2809 Elm St
          Dallas, TX 75226 Drink specials all night!

For current info please visit: http://www.thehopeforlife.org
          SOUNDSLIKE Web
          SOUNDSLIKE Facebook

Comment

• j_love01
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2006

See everyone tonight!
            SOUNDSLIKE Web
            SOUNDSLIKE Facebook

Comment

Working...