• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • R_co
    Platinum Poster
    • Jul 2009

Moodymann Live @ Metamorphose Tokyo, Japan - 2009

Moodymann Live @ Metamorphose Tokyo, Japan - 2009

This is quite a raw recording with crowd noise, you mite wanna check it out first: http://soundcloud.com/r_co

Enjoy!
  • coleby761
    Are you Kidding me??
    • May 2008

Re: Moodymann Live @ Metamorphose Tokyo, Japan - 2009

Quite a rare treat Thanks rico

Comment

• R_co
      Platinum Poster
      • Jul 2009

SoundCloud is working again now if anyone wants a copy of this mix!

Comment

• PartyInGreece
        Gold Gabber
        • Aug 2006

Based on what I've read about Moodyman, he seems like he could be really tough to get along with.

This is what Wiki has to say about him.

"Kenny Dixon Jr also known as Moodymann is a techno/house musician based in Detroit, Michigan. He creates a thoroughly hybrid form of techno/house dance music via his innovative use of reworked riffs, samples, including old movie sound track samples, mainly culled from the old blaxploitation and b-movie genres and grooves taken from that city's historically influential jazz, soul, funk, and disco scene. He also shares very political views on the current state of techno, decrying the lack of black techno and the white domination of the genre.
        His dj sets sometimes feature himself playing hidden from the crowd, the dj booth covered in white sheets."

That being said, his music is fucking awesome.

Comment

• PartyInGreece
          Gold Gabber
          • Aug 2006

It's a shame about the quality of the recording, though it suddenly sounds significantly better at about 33 minutes...giving you a much better sounding two hours. And the set itself is really, really good.

Comment

• R_co
            Platinum Poster
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by PartyInGreece
            Based on what I've read about Moodyman, he seems like he could be really tough to get along with.

This is what Wiki has to say about him.

"Kenny Dixon Jr also known as Moodymann is a techno/house musician based in Detroit, Michigan. He creates a thoroughly hybrid form of techno/house dance music via his innovative use of reworked riffs, samples, including old movie sound track samples, mainly culled from the old blaxploitation and b-movie genres and grooves taken from that city's historically influential jazz, soul, funk, and disco scene. He also shares very political views on the current state of techno, decrying the lack of black techno and the white domination of the genre.
            His dj sets sometimes feature himself playing hidden from the crowd, the dj booth covered in white sheets."

That being said, his music is fucking awesome.
            I saw Moodymann last week @ Berghain, Berlin!... He was fucking amazing!!!!!

The best Disco/House/Detroit Techno EVER!...

Yazoo - Don't Go being his last track!... I nearly blew up & turned into a ball of light!!!...

He played in the main room which usually hosts Dub Techno from the likes of Ben Klock & Marcel Dettmann, but still everyone went nuts!!!...

He wasn't a cock at all!!!... Like in this mix he was on the mic getting the crowd going & letting everyone know the background info on the records he was playing!!!...

Saying that tho he did live up to his Moodymann status by Dj with his parker jacket on with his hood up all the way through his 3 hour set!...

He fucking rocked tho!!!... After all I've heard about him, good & bad vibes, I was well impressed!!!!!!!

Comment

• R_co
              Platinum Poster
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by PartyInGreece
              It's a shame about the quality of the recording, though it suddenly sounds significantly better at about 33 minutes...giving you a much better sounding two hours. And the set itself is really, really good.
              Try this mix mate:

Moodymann & Jerome Derradji Live @ Smartbar, Chicago - Valentine's Day Love Affair 2009

It rocks!!!... 6 hours long!

Comment

• PartyInGreece
                Gold Gabber
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by R_co
                That's what's up.

And yeah, after having listened to the more recent set....he does seem like he's a lot of fun too with the way he got on the mic. He seems like he keeps it reaaaaaaal.

Comment

Working...