X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Localizer
    Platinum Poster
    • Jul 2004

Joys of xmas

I'm not overly traditional, nor am I Christian or celebrate xmas, but am I the only one that sees the exploitation of this holiday as a nusance? Driving around is nearly impossible. Walking around is like virtual bumper cars. Attitudes are as bad as a NY woman at that time of month. I enjoy the holidays for the time it brings in being solem and enjoying a nice sitting next to a fire place while watching snow fall, but not for this crap that is now shapeshifted by the corporate need for greed. Maybe it's time for me to move elsewhere....i dunno.
    Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
    -Bertrand Russell
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

yeah... I hate christmas. Every year I beg and plead to be exempt from Christmas so I don't have to fuck with the public, but every year my family acts like it's okay and decides to buy me shit regardless. The only way out is prison.

Comment

• thrualoooop
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

merry christmas :wink:
      i'm not a real dork i just play one on the internet.......

Comment

• jarble187
        vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
        • Sep 2004

yeah... I hate christmas. Every year I beg and plead to be exempt from Christmas so I don't have to fuck with the public, but every year my family acts like it's okay and decides to buy me shit regardless. The only way out is prison.
        -Bah Humbug
        Push the envelope, watch it bend.

www.kansascitytechno.com

Wakarusa Dj Winter Classic Mix Submission Feb 2011

Comment

• picklemonkey
          • Jun 2004

lol

I like being with my family... that's what it should be about. Not buying lots of things for everybody. I hate the part of Christmas that society has made. i'd much rather donate $100 to a needy family than in gifts to my own

Comment

• Localizer
            Platinum Poster
            • Jul 2004

exactly....tis a pity it's become this way....
            -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• picklemonkey
              • Jun 2004

I did donate some money to a homeless family this year... but because I had to buy presents for everyone in my family I had to cut it at $30. A bunch of people in my company were collecting money & gifts for families & buying/distributing the presents to others. That's what it should be about. The people who donate feel good, and the people who receive feel good... and that's what Christmas should be about. Feeling happy for others, not worrying about if they're going to like the scented lotion that you bought them.

Comment

• Localizer
                Platinum Poster
                • Jul 2004

karma points for you.
                -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• alterego
                  Getting warmed up
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by picklemonkey
                  I did donate some money to a homeless family this year... but because I had to buy presents for everyone in my family I had to cut it at $30. A bunch of people in my company were collecting money & gifts for families & buying/distributing the presents to others. That's what it should be about. The people who donate feel good, and the people who receive feel good... and that's what Christmas should be about. Feeling happy for others, not worrying about if they're going to like the scented lotion that you bought them.
                  THAT'S IT.
                  MERRY XMAS.

Comment

• Pataky P
                    asdf_imo
                    • Jun 2004

Merry Christmas!!!And have a nice day!!!! :wink:

Comment

• skahound
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • Jun 2004

Fuckin' Pagans. :wink:
                      A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• YO75
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jul 2004

man arent there enough boring days in the year, you go to work day in day out, you have holiday in the summer and then one at Xmas....

me personally looking forward to a few beers, plenty of food, watching some sport with some more beers, and enjoying the time off work, plus who doesnt like presents
                        " I knew I was going to kick it - I've been kicking them all week "

Comment

• Kobe
                          I wish I had an interesting User title
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by picklemonkey
                          good work pickle!

I think this time of year you need to work extra hard to filter out the bullshit and try to focus on the good stuff. Yeah traffic and the stores are a pain in the ass, but just expect it to be that way, and focus on the thing you enjoy.
                          Beats are my crack.

Comment

• Civic_Zen
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

Re: Joys of xmas

Originally posted by Localizer
                            I enjoy the holidays for the time it brings in being solem and enjoying a nice sitting next to a fire place while watching snow fall

Yea, when was the last time in snowed in Florida?? Funny man.

But as for the rest that you said, I do agree. I still love this time of year, I don't know why December is just my favorite month. I love the nice cold weather, I know, I'm weird like that.
                            "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
                            "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
                            - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Jenks
                              I'm kind of a big deal.
                              • Jun 2004

I really can't stand the crazy fucking country people that flood the city in search for their christmas presents. They drive like shit, can't navigate the city, and are just generally freaked out by stuff that city people deal with everyday.

But alas it's christmas, i suppose i should welcome them too and in true holiday spirit, extend my helping hand, and raise the middle finger and FUCK OFF YOU REDNECKS!! TAKE YOUR NON DRIVING OVER SIZED TRUCKS AND GO HOME!!

ok, done. thanks.

That aside, i really like drinking over the holidays. I like drinking in general, but there are always more people to drink with over the holiday season. Mmmmm, sitting by the fire, or the tv, or just an empty alley with a bottle of scotch and christmas cookies. Mmmmm, sex, drinking, glutony...god bless jesus and the elves.

Ho Ho Ho.

Comment

Working...