• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dusk
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: My DJing Brothers...

Originally posted by Micko
    Was playing Nick Warren - Live @ Tonic, Charlotte, NC (11.02.2004) CD 2 yesterday...and it got me thinking how talented Bobjuice, Ribbs, Funky Dredd, Rio, Alex Steiner, Haziel, Illustrious, Steve Graham and the rest of you are. It's very easy for ghouls like me to d/l music every day, but it's you lot, that makes MS an original, varied and fucking tremendous community. Fair Fucks to ye
    Reeeeeeeeeeespect!
    ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• BureOne
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

here here! to the MS dj's!

Comment

• Funky Dredd
        Are you Kidding me??
        • May 2005

Al!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Mutations presents Change The Music

Mutations (original show)

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• bobjuice
          Banned
          • May 2008

What kind words Micko. I'm with you in that i like listening to the members mixes here more than listening to the BIG dj's. I feel honoured to be mentioned along with the other people you said as i love what they do and find more inspiration listening to them than pretty much anything else.
          Fair play to the big guns like Hernan and Howells etc etc, they are where they are for very good reason and i think they command maximum respect - they certainly do from here.
          But i've heard people's mixes on this forum that have knocked me backwards - absolute top quality. And better imo for being from people who simply love music rather than any kind of bullshit.
          These are lads who have the freedom to play whatever they want, no pressure from anywhere else and let's not forget they go out and buy the tunes. i think that makes what they do more valid in my book somehow.

I'm the first to admit that when someone like Sasha plays records, there is some kind of magic at work, really. fucking awesome. But i don't listen to that as much as i do the fellas here.

I don't listen to my own mixes (with 1 exception for very personal reasons) as it seems pretty futile - i'm not gonna really enjoy it, i'm gonna be listening for mistakes
          So they are what they are - i play records and if i think i had any kind of vibe going on at the time i share it - consider it a live performance.

If anyone else likes that vibe too then that's fucking great but i think i speak for everyone here when i say it wouldn't mean shit if it wasn't for people taking the time to have a listen.
          So yeah big up the members who post mixes but moreso the ms community as a whole who give us the place where we can..

cheers

Comment

• Steve Graham
            DJ Jelly
            • Jun 2004

well put my friend!

Comment

• AntonyM
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Oct 2004

Was playing Nick Warren - Live @ Tonic, Charlotte, NC (11.02.2004) CD 2 yesterday...and it got me thinking how talented Bobjuice, Ribbs, Funky Dredd, Rio, Alex Steiner, Haziel, Illustrious, Steve Graham and the rest of you are. It's very easy for ghouls like me to d/l music every day, but it's you lot, that makes MS an original, varied and fucking tremendous community. Fair Fucks to ye

Damn...
              Well said, there are a few talented DJ's and Producers on this board props to them all.
              Originally posted by Shpira
              So came back last night...
              Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
              Originally posted by Illuminate
              Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
              2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
              3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
              4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• Jenks
                I'm kind of a big deal.
                • Jun 2004

this looks like a good place to drop a mix of mine

Comment

• Jenks
                  I'm kind of a big deal.
                  • Jun 2004

btw, please add Jibs to the list.

Comment

• Haziel
                    Likes a finger upthere
                    • Jan 2007

ribbs and caley do it for me all the time, also Oscar pineda.

Comment

• rio
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Aug 2008

Damn...
                      wow. thanks micko. this is an unexpected prop.

a compliment in return... you're a study of genuine online kindness, and I appreciate that. Your tastes in tunage are pretty fucking good, too.

And ditto to all the all the comments about MS being a great place full of talented people. I've not been long on here, but the music and banter is top shelf. Cheers to all of yaz!!!
                      http://soundcloud.com/enh

Comment

• bobjuice
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by Jenks
                        btw, please add Jibs to the list.
                        Let's all give a mix of Jib's an airing today eh? Loud.

If you're gonna talk about talented people who can play records and the whole vibe of ms in general then the big fella certainly ticked both boxes and will always be the soul of this community.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                          • May 2006

^^totally. at the last ms meetup that guy spun from like 4 or 5 am until 3-4pm the next day? all i remember is going back to the hotel, sleeping for a lot of hours and coming back and he was still going. amazing time and it will be remembered.

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                            I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                            • Mar 2008

i'm inspired by so many of the integral and innovative djs here. i really only dl some occasional choice mixes posted in the p/r; but really, it's my love for the member mixes and the tedious talent enshrined in their incredible works.

i'm humbled and honored by your props, my dear friend Micko. your labors of love in the ambient department speak for themselves, and it's a treasure trove of brilliance. thank you for all that you do. you are a man on fucking fire!

no one's got the drop on [ms], imho. am truly grateful and fortunate to be a part of such a profound and, as Micko pointed out: tremendous community. i look up to you guys; ya'll have my deepest respect and trust. keep on keeping on!

Last edited by i!!ustrious; February 21, 2010, 03:59:05 PM.
                            (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

Working...