X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael^Heaven
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2008

Black History Month

One of house music’s most famous mutations came from Chicago’s DJ Pierre, who in 1987 under the name Phuture together with Marshall Jefferson, Spanky, and Herb Jackson, released the very first acid house track.

“We didn’t know what we were doing when we made ‘Acid Tracks’, we were just playing around with the 303 and thought ‘wonder what it would sound like if we put a beat to that acid wiggle’,” Pierre said about the track back in December 2008 (read our in-depth interview with Pierre about ‘Acid Tracks’).

As part of our Black History Month celebrations, we sat down with Pierre to find out more about those early acid house days, and decided to take a look back at some of the sub genre’s most memorable tracks.
  • Ni-Cd
    Fresh Peossy
    • Feb 2010

Re: Black History Month

I love house history like this. Another series I recommend watching is Pump up the volume's documentary on House. Awesome documetnation and lots of interviews with the real deals.

Comment

• res0nat0r
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • May 2006

Re: Black History Month

Sweet article, logs of good samples of acid tunes in there too.

the Phuture follow up 'We Are Phuture' still sounds sick

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvwwr6ePvnE[/youtube]

This track is played near the beginning of Surgeons awesome liveset from Fabric last year here:

Efdemin - Acid Bells (Martyn Bittersweet mix) James Ruskin - Massa Phuture - We Are Phuture John Carpenter - The Bank Robbery (Lory D remix) Robert Hood - The Pace Outline meets Surgeon - Golden Age Surgeon - Floorshow 1 Live in Norway Surgeon - Klonk Part2 Untold - Discipline Orphx - First Light Joey Beltram - Metro Jellybean

It still kicks ass today.

Comment

Working...