X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spyros
    Gold Gabber
    • May 2007

DJing Pioneer cdj 1000 mk....

just wanted to ask what the differences are between the cdjs 1000 mk1 from the mk3 coz i looked on the internet and i cant find any information.. i know its the mp3 support that the mk1 doesnt have, the waveform and the ability to record loops? what else is there that the mk1 doesnt have? id like to know because they offered me 2 mk1s from a club that closed for £600 which is not very expensive.. or is it? i will definitely try them before i buy them to make sure they are in good cosmetic condition and that they play ok! before this offer i was thinking to get the black limited edition cdj 400 in new condition for a lot more tho! is it wise to get the mk1s instead if they are ok or are they crap anyway?
    thanks in advance guys!
    Greeks don't fight like heroes, heroes fight like Greeks

"Winston Churchill"
  • panoulix
    MCast Resident DJ
    • Feb 2009

Re: Pioneer cdj 1000 mk....

Originally posted by spyros
    just wanted to ask what the differences are between the cdjs 1000 mk1 from the mk3 coz i looked on the internet and i cant find any information.. i know its the mp3 support that the mk1 doesnt have, the waveform and the ability to record loops? what else is there that the mk1 doesnt have? id like to know because they offered me 2 mk1s from a club that closed for £600 which is not very expensive.. or is it? i will definitely try them before i buy them to make sure they are in good cosmetic condition and that they play ok! before this offer i was thinking to get the black limited edition cdj 400 in new condition for a lot more tho! is it wise to get the mk1s instead if they are ok or are they crap anyway?
    thanks in advance guys!
    Geia sou Spyre.

In reply to your question, there are a few more differencies between the MK versions of the 1000s.

In a briefing (and apart from the differences you already mention), the MK3 carries more bright screens, placed in a higher position, allowing the eye to have better and more direct viewing angles. Furthermore, the CPU is different, the MK3 carries a Jog Wheel sensitivity adjust selector, improved scratching and so on.

If I find some free time later, I may post some links that compare the MK versions...

600GBP for a pair is not that much, BUT, please pay extra attention to the full combination of the following:

1) Platter / Reading Mechanism reliability (try to see how they react while you put CDRs of different manufacturers and layout colors). Try also checking how the units react while they play CDs or CDRs with scratches, even CD-RW discs, just to verify that the laser is in good working condition.

2) Try checking the PLAY and CUE buttons, as well as the Jog Wheel condition and feel, even the sensitivity and the response from the unit while moving the Jog back and forth. If the CUE and PLAY buttons seem to be too sensitive, then this means that the button inside the PCB has been worn out. The buttons can be replaced though, but if you send the unit to Pioneer, you will pay a fortune. Otherwise, I supply you the service part number for the CUE/PLAY buttons which is DSG1079 (as far as I remember).

3) Check on the back of the units the manufacturing date. If it is too old, then ask about the regular maintainance and service that they should have. Since they are taken from a club, if you cannot have evidence of the service or maintenance made on the units (proof of the service center or of the maintenance made), then I would suggest not even consider buying them, no matter the price...

PS: If you are still interested into buying CDJ-1000s and since you are located in Patra, I may decide to sell you my MK3s, if I decide to go for the CDJ-2000 upgrade. There are also 2 High Quality Professional aluminum flight cases with butterfly locks, for carrying them. You can see them and test them anytime, so contact me.

PS2: I do not intent to kill the price, as the units are in perfect and almost in new condition.
    http://www.panoulix.gr
    http://www.myspace.com/panoulix
    http://www.facebook.com/panoulix

Comment

Working...