X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spyros
    Gold Gabber
    • May 2007

future technology...

amazing laptop with transparent screen..

in the international CES tradeshow for technology

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeNJrim3SU4[/YOUTUBE]

unbelievably cool...
    Greeks don't fight like heroes, heroes fight like Greeks

"Winston Churchill"
  • CircleGuy
    Banned
    • Jan 2010

Re: future technology...

that's a great piece of technology but it seems kind of silly to use as a laptop screen

Comment

• dusk
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Pretty cool stuff. When was the CES show?
      ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• spyros
        Gold Gabber
        • May 2007

the show was 7 - 10 of January 2010. pretty cool to see how technology has progressed through the years and we can see stuff that we were only dreaming and joking about them!!
        Greeks don't fight like heroes, heroes fight like Greeks

"Winston Churchill"

Comment

• poults
          Platinum Poster
          • Nov 2006

That must be a really light bit of kit but i would think that it would get damaged pretty easily, especially from a bit of pressure on the top.
          Originally posted by Hoff

ejejejejejejejejeje!!!!! you always delivering some good dogs shits !!! thankyou

Comment

• Ni-Cd
            Fresh Peossy
            • Feb 2010

I think they just used the laptop so they could be mobile with it at the show. Obviously the implications for the technology are as he stated: Heads up displays, wind shields, hell, sunglasses...anything where you need to see beyond the screen but would appreciate some 'on-screen' information.

Man, I always wanted to see the world like Robocop or Terminator. Boo-yah.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
              Not cool enough
              • Jun 2004

Notice the idiot was talking about using it while you are driving. Aren't you supposed to be focusing on not plowing into anyone when you are driving? And man that screen is kitschy, but not something I'd want. I'm more interested in how much computing power my computer has.
              Jeffrey Collins: Painter
              My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
              My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Ni-Cd
                Fresh Peossy
                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by jeffrey collins
                Notice the idiot was talking about using it while you are driving. Aren't you supposed to be focusing on not plowing into anyone when you are driving? And man that screen is kitschy, but not something I'd want. I'm more interested in how much computing power my computer has.
                What this would allow you to do though is remove the dashboard indicators to the windshield so to view that information would be less eye-travel from the road...that may be of benefit?

I think there are all sorts of applications for this technology. Overlays is a prime example... imagine in the medical field, someone standing in front of one of these transparent displays, and scans of their body with information is overlaid for viewing and analysis. Machine shops, x-ray facilities and more could benefit from something like this.

Comment

Working...