• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

Re: killer whale attacks trainer in front of a horrified audience

wheres the vid?
    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• TomTom
      Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
      • May 2002

I can't stand Animal shows of whatever kind and also do not go to Zoos. It's just ridicilous to imprison animals and people pay to watch them in cages or parks. Of course it is sad when people get hurt or killed by animals but it's almost always the initial fault of humans when shit hits the fan.

Comment

• DancingQueen
        AVB FanClub | President
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Steve Graham
        exactly, same as the circus when elephants charge or lions attack etc.. well, you cage them and beat them daily wtf are they supposed to do.. THEY'RE WILD ANIMALS!
        human arrogance/ignorance annoys the fuck out of me.. you don't OWN everything on this planet, and this planet and these animals will be here a hell of a lot longer than the human race IMO
        Well said!!! Its unfortunate more of the human race doesn't think this way. This mentality is what is ruining the earth

Originally posted by Jenks
        you wanna see them? go see them in THEIR habitat, not ours. had a discussion about this with a friend not long ago. the last time i went to the zoo, which was years ago, it was about 90 degrees outside, and i'm standing there looking at a polar bear sit in a pool of water outdoors trying to stay cool while a zoo keeper throws some kind of fish pieces or meat pieces from a bucket at him so he'll do something for the kids. i left after that, haven't been back since.

i get the research side of zoology, and it's definitely necessary, but putting on a show making wild animals do tricks for spectators is ridiculous. this is the third person the whale has attacked in captivity. take the fking hint people.
        This is EXACTLY why I don't go to the circus, zoo's or Sea World type facilities. I don't agree with how they treat the animals. They need to be free. And yes having them in a zoo keeps them from poachers, etc. But instead of entrapping them, we need to fight harder to protect them in their habitat. We are slowly destroying everything that is beautiful about the earth and it sickens me.
        sigpic
        RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
        RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• GregWhelan
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

Was at Sea World Orlando last summer and the whale that did this is f**ing massive trust me, must have been an awful death.

Can't say I agree with some of the viewpoints in this thread to be honest. They may be in captivity but they are still treated well IMO.

Comment

• Jenks
            I'm kind of a big deal.
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by GregWhelan
            They may be in captivity but they are still treated well IMO.
            well as long as you treat slaves well, ya know, it's all good! they probably don't want to be free anyway.

Comment

• srbbnd
              Platinum Poster
              • Jul 2005

www.bestfilmsofthe20thcentury.com/

www.forwardthinkingproduction.com/

Comment

• fyrestarter
                Gold Gabber
                • Feb 2009

If someone gets killed who was involved with keeping a whale in slavery so humans can charge an entrance fee for spectators to watch the whale be forced to do tricks for our amusement, then yes, i've got no problem with that whale eating that person.
                do you eat meat? it might not be amusement but you could go without killing animals or your meat. you could also go without enslaving cows for milk and chickens for eggs, etc.

you wanna see them? go see them in THEIR habitat, not ours. had a discussion about this with a friend not long ago. the last time i went to the zoo, which was years ago, it was about 90 degrees outside, and i'm standing there looking at a polar bear sit in a pool of water outdoors trying to stay cool while a zoo keeper throws some kind of fish pieces or meat pieces from a bucket at him so he'll do something for the kids. i left after that, haven't been back since.

i get the research side of zoology, and it's definitely necessary, but putting on a show making wild animals do tricks for spectators is ridiculous. this is the third person the whale has attacked in captivity. take the fking hint people.
                right... cause everyone can go see these animals in their habitat...
                I wonder if this new healthcare thing covers my pre-existing condition: AWESOMENESS.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Feb 2009

I´m on the whale side for sure..

And always is great when a bull kill a mother fucker bullfighter in Spain.. i know is part of the culture but i don´t care.. Killing animals for fun is disgusting and of course wrong..

btw i eat meat.. but don´t think is comparable with having a whale like a slave on a tank.. Besides they treat the whale well (which i think they do) prolly the animal wants to be free on his habitat, not making funny acts for people.. Only the arrogance of human been can think otherwise

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• Miguel
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Oct 2005

lets leave the cities and go farming somewhere in the wild, no internet, no digs sets, no tv, Theres a price to all this technology
                    watch HOME,

Comment

• floridaorange
                      I'm merely a humble butler
                      • Dec 2005

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• chunky
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • Jan 2006

Turns up the whale has a previous! Its now killed 3 people in the last 30 years
                        Originally posted by res0nat0r
                        OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• Steve Graham
                          DJ Jelly
                          • Jun 2004

^^^ yeah, that's been stated, hence the comment I made about maybe they should have started transitioning it back to the wild

and fyrestarter your comments, as per normal are ridiculous, so that's said, no further comment

And Greg, if someone snatched you up tomorrow and caged you, as long as you were treated well, that's cool yeah?

and don't come back with well I'm human these are just animals, cuz again, these "just animals" will out last humans, well except for the fact that humans are doing every thing possible to destroy this planet

some of you really need to watch some more nature shows and history shows, you'll realise just how insignifucant human beings really are in the grand scheme

Comment

• floridaorange
                            • Dec 2005

The human species is at the very top of the food chain...

...and the argument that whales will outlive humans is a slippery one (no pun intended)...

...in numerous cases many animals would not be living today if it were not for the immense effort put forth by conservationist...

...not arguing with your over-arching point Steve, just saying.

Comment

• PROG
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Aug 2005

would really like to see the video of it..im sure someone out there had there camera going.

+3 KILLER whale

Comment

• floridaorange
                                • Dec 2005

this is no different than a "trained" bear playing with a human and accidentally scratching it to death...

...think about it, you add water to the equation and it truly is anyone's guess as to why this stuff doesn't happen more often.

Comment

Working...