I'm on it, I use to keep in touch with friends from Europe and to see if the sightless is still alive. I miss Sean.
Facebook - is it worth it?
Collapse
X
-
Re: Facebook - is it worth it?
i don't have a fb account, and I'm not planning on getting one for now...
I have the people I want to be in touch with in msn or we keep in touch via e-amail... My point is that if I'm not seeing anyone from uni or high school... there must be a reason...Comment
-
Re: Facebook - is it worth it?
I absolutely hated the thought of getting a Facebook account. And then I got one. I'm glad I did, because like some other(s) have said before, I've reconnected with people from 20 years ago that I probably wouldn't have without it. And thank goodness I can easily ignore the people that I really don't want to reconnect with.
That's one of my least favorite aspects of FB
. Even when locals dj's and promoters do it, then get all high n' mighty because you're not attending... Oh, and I LOVE how after said event is done, their girlfriends/wives/promoters chime in with how much fun it was. Yeah... ummm... that's objective
It's not facebook i have issue with; FB only makes it easier to see how society and culture have deteriorated (well, changed, and not for the better in my opinion). Without it, we wouldn't have lamebook... and that makes it worth it on an entertainment level, at least.Comment
-
Re: Facebook - is it worth it?
I'm on it and use it quite often. Good way of keeping in touch with cats you haven't seen in years.Comment
-
Re: Facebook - is it worth it?
....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....
Comment
-
Re: Facebook - is it worth it?
^^lol♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•
Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.
Comment
-
Re: Facebook - is it worth it?
♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•
Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.
Comment
-
Re: Facebook - is it worth it?
Just about every post that supports Facebook still manages to come up with valid reasons NOT to be on it.
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Comment
-
Re: Facebook - is it worth it?
it depends what you're trying to use it for.. i've met and kept in touch with a lot of friends on fb, re-connected with some old friends etc..
if you don't like it or think you're too cool for it, lol, who cares, don't use it.. but please don't attempt to make people that do use it and enjoy using it feel inferior, just makes you sound like a twatComment
-
Comment
-
Re: Facebook - is it worth it?
Nah, do not think people who use FB are inferior. Many people love spending 3+ hours of their day gossiping or commenting on silly pictures, was wondering whether there is any other compelling use for it. For contact over big distances, email seems to work just fine.... For work, LinkedIn is great. Not dissing it, just don't see the point
Comment
-
Re: Facebook - is it worth it?
^^For some, it is used to keep friends in the loop with what has been going on in their life (Pictures, status updates, etc)....For others, it is a way of networking with other like minded people (Music, art, business, etc).
Some people like it because they can upload a picture of their newborn baby, new dog or whatever, and grandma/grandpa (Who might live across the country) can login and see it..Comment
-
Re: Facebook - is it worth it?
But that's the problem - you are uploading these images and thoughts to a public site. Who goes and puts their photo albums in the window to show everyone? Surely it's better to just send an email out to the family with the pictures and updates ?^^For some, it is used to keep friends in the loop with what has been going on in their life (Pictures, status updates, etc)....For others, it is a way of networking with other like minded people (Music, art, business, etc).
Some people like it because they can upload a picture of their newborn baby, new dog or whatever, and grandma/grandpa (Who might live across the country) can login and see it..
It just seems so impersonal, as if clicking on a link saying "Yes" is the equivalent to a real friendship.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,206
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment