X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Google index to go realtime

Google is developing a system that will enable web publishers of any size to automatically submit new content to Google for indexing within seconds of that content being published. Search industry analyst Danny Sullivan told us today that this could be "the next chapter" for Google. Last Fall we were told by Google's Brett Slatkin, lead…

Google is developing a system that will enable web publishers of any size to automatically submit new content to Google for indexing within seconds of that content being published. Search industry analyst Danny Sullivan told us today that this could be "the next chapter" for Google.
    This is very badass and is taking advantage of the PubSubHubbub open protocol that is getting very popular lately.
  • ssl
    Addiction started
    • Dec 2009

Re: Google index to go realtime

This is Huge

http://www.ssetss.com/

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

how is this much different from rss feeds?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• res0nat0r
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • May 2006

close, but this is basically a push technology, vs a pull for updates. Which is MUCH more efficient.

heres from the wiki page which should clear it up a bit:

Under PubSubHubbub, there is an ecosystem of publishers, subscribers, and hubs [1].
        A subscriber initially pulls the Atom or RSS feed in the conventional way, i.e. by requesting it from the feed server. The subscriber then inspects the feed, and if it references a hub, the subscriber can subscribe to the feed URL topic on that hub. The subscriber runs a server so that hubs can directly notify it when any of its subscribed topics have updated.
        Publishers expose their content as Atom or RSS feeds, but with the inclusion of hub references. They post notifications to those referenced hubs whenever they publish something. Thus, when a publication event occurs, the publisher calls its hubs and the hubs call their subscribers.

Comment

Working...