• Show
Clear All
  • chunky
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jan 2006

Re: Digweed interview

Originally posted by i!!ustrious
    to your first query:
    problably not, but he might start to consider applying them in the future.

to your second query:
    absolutely not, but he can orchestrate them better than most
    In the 2004 reissue of the The Mix Collection Sasha mentions that the thing that grabbed his attention about that first mix tape was the mixing and the programming

So if John Digweed can orchestrate them better than most. You got any opinions on whether that 4 hour Digweed set from Dubai is Fake or Genuine
    Originally posted by res0nat0r
    OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• hulkhuss
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

^^^^^^^^ Check out the Diggers La Dune mix if you want good programming!
      http://www.mixcloud.com/RMasie/

http://soundcloud.com/r-masie

https://www.facebook.com/R-Masie-117851198318029/

Comment

• chanty
        John, John, where art thou!
        • Jun 2004

La Dune's my absolute favorite!!! Thanks for reminding me, I'm going to listen to it again.
        Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• hulkhuss
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chanty
          La Dune's my absolute favorite!!! Thanks for reminding me, I'm going to listen to it again.
          No prob chanty, I wonder if we should put that thread link on here for anyone who might have missed that gem?
          http://www.mixcloud.com/RMasie/

http://soundcloud.com/r-masie

https://www.facebook.com/R-Masie-117851198318029/

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

It's not just lining up a bunch of tracks. You might not know what programming is or you might have a different definition, but you know it when you hear it done right.

In the case of Digweed, he takes you on twists and turns but builds towards the Vortex. There is ALWAYS a peak (not so much euphoric) in his set where you know this is where the past 3 hours have been leading to, this is what you came for, everything from buying your ticket to queuing up to fighting for a spot on the floor has been leading up to this point in the night when he vacates you from your mind and you turn into a wide-eyed speechless mess on the floor trying to communicate what has happened but all you can do is see the same incomprehension reflected in some stranger's eyes.

You can't reach that kinda intensity and madness without programming. Or a lot of pills.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• chunky
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Jan 2006

Considering he has access to the most up front tracks if he takes 3 hours to lead somewhere or get to a peak he may a well give up playing. I saw him play for 3 hours a few weeks ago, if he had of took 3 hours he would of just got there when everyone was getting their coats.

Comment

• GregWhelan
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

And there was me thinking it was just a case of playing decent track after decent track

Interesting mention of Sasha not beng comfortable playing the short slot in a festival - I actually prefer his short festival sets as he has no option but to play cracker after cracker - not really a fan of the longer sets e.g. that Malta thing he did the other year

Great Sasha festival set = Homelands 1999 - classic after classic after classic... 'He just flew back on Concorde from Twilo last night......give it up for Sashaaaaaaaaaaaaaa'!

Comment

• chunky
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by GregWhelan
                  Great Sasha festival set = Homelands 1999 - classic after classic after classic... 'He just flew back on Concorde from Twilo last night......give it up for Sashaaaaaaaaaaaaaa'!
                  Yeah I sort of agree with you but the 4 hour set he did a few days earlier was outstanding. But the last hour was exactly the same tracks in the same order as the Homelands EM. I'm guessing he practiced a bit for that one

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by feather
                    It's not just lining up a bunch of tracks. You might not know what programming is or you might have a different definition, but you know it when you hear it done right.

In the case of Digweed, he takes you on twists and turns but builds towards the Vortex. There is ALWAYS a peak (not so much euphoric) in his set where you know this is where the past 3 hours have been leading to, this is what you came for, everything from buying your ticket to queuing up to fighting for a spot on the floor has been leading up to this point in the night when he vacates you from your mind and you turn into a wide-eyed speechless mess on the floor trying to communicate what has happened but all you can do is see the same incomprehension reflected in some stranger's eyes.

You can't reach that kinda intensity and madness without programming. Or a lot of pills.
                    Now if we had that thank you button now, I would be pressing it. Particularly for that bit.
                    Originally posted by TheVrk
                    it IS incredible isn't it??
                    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...