X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DragonFire
    Addiction started
    • Dec 2004

Where is ur Music !!

It's pretty obvious that what you listen to at the club is not always what you go buy at the records store .. i mean albums .. good decent albums are not what you find in clubs,that doesnt mean livesets suck atall onthe contrary..but when you are at the club it wont be much fun listening to diggers layered sounds(cd1) , album music is more sophisticated maybe or maybe club music should always be more techy like ... any electronica fan can't choose between albums and livesets but just imagine it this way .. a world without livesets or one without albums .. which would you choose ... I would choose albums myself because the music in there has got much more effort put into it , but still in some perfect albums a track on it's own (except for the last track) may not be so intriguing but "ALLOVER" the album is great .. it's all about the mood ur put into .. which mood would you prefer ?
    Don't Immitate ... Innovate
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

interesting question.
    suppose i'd prefer the albums too. i cant imagine a world without the Northern Exposure series.
    i love a proper live recording too, but you cant beat the precision that goes into making a mix cd/album.
    again i refer to the bible: Northern Exposure.

Comment

• DragonFire
      Addiction started
      • Dec 2004

Although i agree but i just cant drop the fact that alot of my introductions to dj's were thru livesets .. i got hooked on saeed & palash because of there liveset at space with dj roland 01-26-2003..massive..

Comment

• Jibgolly
        Vortexuralizor
        • Jun 2004

you've heard their Tide:Edit cd's?
        and they have some other solid mix cd's around too.
        check out their metrodance set from may 2004.
        it was 2 parts: 1 was the arc NYE gig, the other was a kick ass studio type mix.
        great stuff.

Comment

• sjaracz2
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DragonFire
          Although i agree but i just cant drop the fact that alot of my introductions to dj's were thru livesets .. i got hooked on saeed & palash because of there liveset at space with dj roland 01-26-2003..massive..

yes that is one massive set still on the playlist

i would chose albums
          Nectar is to Bees As Money is to a Women

Comment

• DragonFire
            Addiction started
            • Dec 2004

after that set i got everything that has saeed and palash on it ...xcept that metrodance one but i'll check it out .. thanx

Comment

• Localizer
              Platinum Poster
              • Jul 2004

live sets for me because I feel it shows their talent at a moments notice, granted albums take a lot more thought to compile.
              Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
              -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• DreamGirlie
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

id rather have live sets than albums...
                "Welcome to Hezbollah phone line, for terrorist supplies press 1."

Comment

• zeronineteen
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jun 2004

live sets
                  Before you can see the light, you have to deal with the darkness.

Comment

• picklemonkey
                    Double hoodie beer monster
                    • Jun 2004

I like 'em both. Also depends on what you consider "Album," e.g. the Kiss sets. They're not studio produced, which loses sound quality & lacks the overall mastered quality, so I consider 'em live sets.

Either way, I listen to what I like... not based on where it was recorded

Comment

• qwerty2222
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

i like livesets more than albums, they have that club atmosphere and a higher bitrate
                      the sound quality isnt as good as the albums have, but i still prefer the live acts

Comment

• Dajshin
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Jun 2004

i like both. But a dj can built the tension better in a 3 hour liveset.

Comment

• supaz
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

I definitely like livesets better...

they can play whatever...whereas if it's distribution, then they have to haggle with rights and royalities...

Comment

Working...