X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

New Cisco router

Cisco unveiled a new Internet technology Tuesday that it says will provide the ultra-fast data speeds necessary to stay ahead of users' rapidly growing online video demands.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Cisco unveiled a new Internet technology Tuesday that it says will provide the ultra-fast data speeds necessary to stay ahead of users' rapidly growing online video demands.

The new technology, known as "CRS-3," is a network routing system that will be able to offer downloads of up to 322 Terabits per second, according to the company.

Translation: Well in Cisco terms, the router will be able to provide download speeds of 1 Gigabit per second for everyone in San Francisco, download the entire printed collection of the Library of Congress in 1 second and stream every movie ever created in less than 4 minutes.
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: New Cisco router

I'm definitely in the market for a new router, timely information indeed.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• res0nat0r
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • May 2006

i hope you've been saving your pennies. i'll split the cost with you and we can share half the bandwidth, if you think you can life with half of that speed...

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange
        I'm definitely in the market for a new router, timely information indeed.
        I would assume this Cisco router isn't for home use but for big pipes, after which the entire broadband infrastructure will benefit from faster speeds.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

ya ya, just saying in general, I'd love a new router

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

In that case, I just installed the Netgear WNDR3700 last night. Dual band, usb, gigaports, etc etc. Got it up and running in 5 mins (but that's pretty standard if you're familiar with routers).

I was using D-Link DIR655 which worked great, and was gonna buy a local Chinese brand when someone recommended the Netgear, it has some good feedback on Amazon.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• ddr
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

motorola surfboard with apple 2tb time capsule here. =)
              "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                • Mar 2008

true advertising
                (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

Working...