remixing tracks during a set (fx unit question)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doobie581
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

DJing remixing tracks during a set (fx unit question)

i hope i make some sense, but here goes...

so i just bought an Xone 42 last week, and have to say I'm COMEPLETELY in love with it...i want to keep adding on to my set up and expanding the creative possibilites, and wanted to see what everyones suggestion for an fx unit would be...i guess my main question would be what do u folks use when performing, to utilize a vocal and be able to loop it/add effects to it, to be played over another track or what not, essentially remixing live...im leaning towards the kaos pad which seems to be a favorite of ppl on the board, but was also looking into the pioneer efx or even the pvdj grabber...don't know if i made much sense there lol...

the thing is that i'll be spinning at a gig in WMC and during our party we're gonna have a live performance from an up and coming vocalist..i've been in contact with her and she's sent me a few samples from a couple of her tracks. i'd really like to use them during my set and just wanted to know what would/do some of u guys use...
    ". . . Could it be that you would understand this beat to which we dance, more clearly had you been given the chance. So as you struggle to find the feel with your feet, ask yourself can you dance to my beat."
Working...