Noice! - Episode 112 Mike Hotwheelz (Sketch Pad, Fuzzy Logic)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • [ms]_Podcast_Bot
    Music Bitch
    • Aug 2009

Podcast

HARRY AVERS presents

Hello everyone. As many of you know? today is my 43rd Birthday. I cannot think of a better way to celebrate it than to share something very special with all of you. The Mix you are about to listen to is a long time coming. It is done by a dear friend of mine named Michael Richardson ? known more affectionately in the Los Angeles underground as the Legendary ?Mike Hotwheelz?. Mike is one of my favorite all time DJ?s and I thought I would share the story how I first met him. It was an early morning at a Loft Party in Downtown Los Angeles back in 1999. He had just finished playing a killer Tech House set (back when tech house was real Tech house) and was Talking to Keoki in a door way leading out to a side Alley. Anyway? I waited my turn (actually I interrupted rudely the conversation they were having because I was Rolling) and put my hand out to shake Mike?s Hand and say thank you for an amazing set. Anyway? I spoke to Mike for another 10-15 minutes and I asked him if he had any mix tapes. What he did after that was just one of the sweetest and kindest things any DJ has ever done for me. He actually went home (he lived nearby) and got me 3 mix tapes and brought them back to the party for me. One was called ?Delusions of grandeur? which stayed in my walkman for ages. I still get kind of teary eyed when I tell this story because I think our dance community has lost touch with their fans. Mike has Played so many Parties in Los Angeles its not even funny.. most memorable of which to me was the legendary ?Sketch Pad? hosted by world renowned Female DJ Rose Kennedy. So? without further ado, I present to you? one of the best people I know? with a Killer Mix of Vinyl only.. Some tracks will bring you back.. some will make you ask??what was that??? this mix was recorded last week in Mike?s house in Surrey, UK. And we feel honored to have him on our Podcast . the Tracklist is in a J peg below. Along with a Picture of the CD he sent me. The Flyer was done by his Lovely Fiancé, Lilian Wong. Enjoy my Birthday with meNOICE! Is proud to Present the sounds of ? Mike Hotwheelz?

Podcast home: http://noice.podomatic.com

Download Podcast (Right-click, save as)
    Read more about this podcast
Working...