If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Right now I'm running MIDI from Logic, through my MIDI controller, and then have the Virus, Juno, SE-1 and 2 BassStations all daisy chained. I do have a mixer, but I still only have one stereo pair into the computer, so I could run all 5 instruments into the mixer, then the computer, but then they'd all be on one channel in Logic.
What I've decided to do for now is just hook up one instrument at a time and record in one track, then switch around as I need.
if you only have 1 stereo input, the only thing you can do is to record one at a time... it will be in synchro because of the midi, but it takes more time. I tried this, and the result was awsome. I recorded one track in multichannel and mixed it in the computer. and then recorded the same track, but only the stereo mixdown, because this time I used the mixer and a digital reverb I have. Of course it was something simple, just to listen to the differences between the two systems. believe me, mixed in the real mixer, the audio obtained had more "life", more dynamics, and I could go hard with the mixer's eq and it was sweet the final mixdown.
Mixed in the computer, the audio was smooth, but compressed, and the eqs behave more violent. I don't know how to describe it, try it and you'll see... good luck!
I've just gotta say, after having all this gear for a few weeks, I've really come to appreciate proper analogue gear. I never thought much of trying to acquire analogue stuff previously, but my mind has been changed. People always talk about the 'warmth', which is true, but just the way that the sound is dynamic when you modulate various parameters, is totally different. I'm sold, never letting go of this stuff !
rather than be too concerned with the pc, can you not use the 7000 to record loops and/or the rm1x as a sequencer?
i think you'll go further with this kit if you take a "hardware" approach as that is what you've been blessed with.
Build all you do as loops and sequence it without the interference of a computer, mix down your finished piece to the soundcard by all means but don't feel handicapped by only having one stereo in. You have enough equipment to mean you can work without a pc so think in those terms maybe?
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment