• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

fao runningman

Michael Specter: The danger of science denial

Vaccine-autism claims, "Frankenfood" bans, the herbal cure craze: All point to the public's growing fear (and, often, outright denial) of science and reason, says Michael Specter. He warns the trend spells disaster for human progress.

Without pointing too many fingers at runningman for his ongoing anti-vaccine rhetoric, I will admit I've bought into the supplements and organic food consumption populace.

It was fun while it lasted...
  • Steve Graham
    DJ Jelly
    • Jun 2004

Re: fao runningman

I have always thought/felt that way
    our bodies, when kept healthy, are typically mor than capable of healing itself.. pumping our bodies full of the whatever is the flavour of the week drug/vaccine/"cure" with hundreds of side effects, is nothing more the fda and gov't making money off of society's ignorance

Comment

• floridaorange
      • Dec 2005

^you clearly did not watch the entire speech this is not about us Steve

Comment

• runningman
        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
        • Jun 2004

I will check this out in a bit just busy at the moment.

Comment

• Steve Graham
          DJ Jelly
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange
          ^you clearly did not watch the entire speech this is not about us Steve
          I clearly was commenting on the vaccine rhetoric comment

Comment

• floridaorange
            • Dec 2005

^ahh gotcha, understood...

...gonna watch the speech?

Comment

• Garrick
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

without having watched the speech because it is kinda long and i'm at work, i will say this and it may be off the subject...

scientists are lying and manipulating data more than ever to show results they want us to see whether its true or not true. with that being said, why would we want to believe science when the scientists credibility is in the shitter? (sorry if that was off topic)
              Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• Steve Graham
                DJ Jelly
                • Jun 2004

you're right, which goes along with my statement, it's all about the $$$

Comment

• runningman
                  Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                  • Jun 2004

It's funny he said "going back before the enlightenment" just after he shows world hunger is at its highest rate.

One shot isn't what the autism vaccine links are talking about. It is that there are too many shots too soon. Mercury injected directly into the blood stream bypassing you liver and kidneys is a bad idea. It causes neurological diseases (proven).

Jenny McCarthy doesn't say vaccines are bad, she says make good vaccines without mercury and Thimerosol and she will be pro vaccines. This guy is a spinner.. But that should be obvious because he works for The New Yorker.

This guy is a great liar. Pro placebo.... This guy seems to be the new spokesman for Codex Alimentarius.

Natural is bad and synthetic is good.

I urge everyone to watch "Crude" I posted it in the politics section. If you want to see how "chief of environmental studies" and people of that nature and how they will look you dead in the eye and lie to you. And also try to manipulate the science.

Comment

• floridaorange
                    • Dec 2005

"scientists" is not a corporation, which is part of his argument... I think there's a lot that can be taken away from this speech....and "urge" people to watch it at least before commenting.

ffs

Comment

• runningman
                      Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                      • Jun 2004

Florida this guy is a propagandist. He isn't a scientist. He is a Staff writer at The New Yorker.

Comment

• Shpira
                        Angry Boy Child
                        • Oct 2006

I self medicate...haven't been to the doctor for about 6 years
                        The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                        Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• runningman
                          Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                          • Jun 2004

This TED media outlet seems to be a very big machine for the propagandists..

Bill Gates knows software and talks fact about environment?
                          Michale Specter Knows Propaganda talks about Big Pharma.

What next Gerorge Bush talking about Peace?

Comment

• 88Mariner
                            My dick is smaller
                            • Nov 2006

^ actually, Obama will talk about receiving the Nobel Peace prize.
                            you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• floridaorange
                              • Dec 2005

I was actually more interested in heightening the level of discourse about what the speaker refers to as the colonialism of food, and vaccines for countries that still experience high death rates from not receiving proper vaccines for polio or small pox...

I look forward to hearing from someone who has taken 10 minutes out of their day to really listen to the whole argument being made, and not responding to sound bites... or giving their knee-jerk response... to what they assume the speaker is getting at after watching the first 5 minutes...

Comment

Working...