Clear All
  • R_co
    Platinum Poster
    • Jul 2009

Mr C Live @ Sunrise, UK - Late 80's

Mr C Live @ Sunrise, UK - Late 80's

record, sounds, share, sound, audio, tracks, music, soundcloud

Enjoy!

The Shamen Acid House Guru Mr C Live @ The Legendary Sunrise Festival!!!

I'm not sure on the date on this one, if anyone can help me out that would be great!!!... Even better if anyone knows which Sunrise festival this mix is from???

For those who aren't familiar with the Sunrise festival:

The Sunrise group threw several large acid house raves in England which gathered serious press attention. In 1988 they threw "Burn It Up," 1989 brought "Early Summer Madness," "Midsummer Night's Dream," and "Back to the Future." They advertised huge sound systems, fairground rides, foreign DJs, and other attractions. Many articles were written sensationalizing these parties and the results of them, focusing especially on the drug use and out-of-control nature that the media perceived.

In September 1989, Sunrise held the largest Acid House rave ever, just outside Reigate in Surrey. In the fields adjacent to the school playing fields at Hartswood (between Woodhatch and Sidlow Bridge), the rave took place and lasted from 10pm on the Saturday night until late into Sunday night. It was estimated that nearly 20,000 attended during the weekend, and car queues stretched 4 miles, from the top of Reigate Hill to the Hartswood fields. It was widely covered by the press and television.

[/B]
  • Brazilec72
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jul 2009

Re: Mr C Live @ Sunrise, UK - Late 80's

many thx, unfortunately i canīt help you with the date .... i simply donīt know :-P

Comment

Working...