X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • i!!ustrious
    I got some N64 Games Yo!!
    • Mar 2008

Scuba Diving?

anyone dive? got any good stories? pics?

my best friend and i want to train and get certified this year. unfortunately, he's planning a trip to the keys and bahamas this summer -- of which i cannot make due to summer school -- but i'm gonna stick with it and train out here on the west coast. seems daunting at the moment, but i really desire to follow through...

(((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))
  • 88Mariner
    My dick is smaller
    • Nov 2006

Re: Scuba Diving?

I've done a few quarry dives and pool dives with the BSA. Was very close to getting PADI cert'd, but just never followed through with the last few things.

I'm pretty sure you can find a local group that offers public training. (I remember a Scuba store who offered free lessons, ...and this was in the middle of Indiana...so I'm pretty sure they've got something of that sort on the west coast).
    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Michael^Heaven
      Platinum Poster
      • May 2008

Re:

Unfortunately, due to the pressure on my ear, I can't dive. However, one of my best mates is a certified dive master. You should see some of the fish & lobsters that he catches with his spear gun. Insane!

Comment

• lilsensa
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

I'm certified. Haven't been in a while though. Last dive trip was with a girlfriend of mine to Grand Cayman. 10 day trip. Did 2 dives per day. Sick. Wall dives, night dives, and shore dives.
        RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• i!!ustrious
          • Mar 2008

Oh Cool. Yeah, my buddy goes to Ohio State and he's doing the quarry dives. I hope to atleast get some training in this year. Can't wait to get some logged dives in though! Next year surely.
          (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• floridaorange
            I'm merely a humble butler
            • Dec 2005

Re:

Originally posted by Michael^Heaven
            You should see some of the fish & lobsters that he catches with his spear gun. Insane!
            pics or stfu?

Haven't ever scuba dived but have snorkeled off some amazing islands...will one day though.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• i!!ustrious
              • Mar 2008

one day for sure. just think, in the future we could go scuba diving in your backyard. i want to hit up the caymans someday though, or even the galapagos!
              (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                • Mar 2008

Re:

btw, you posted a photo of a photographer with a whale somewhere... care to post it here so i can save it?i remember huggie posting one too, can't find that one either. so fkn sweet!
                (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• floridaorange
                  I'm merely a humble butler
                  • Dec 2005

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Bender420
                    Tickle me Elmo!
                    • Jun 2004

I haven't been in years but I love it. My last dive was in Grand Caymen as well. The north wall is incredible! Dove down to a ridge at 60 ft and came up to the edge and it's a straight drop down 20,000 ft. I think. Crystal clear water down to 100 ft which was the deepest we went and it was clear for about another 100 ft until it just went dark! Really eerie but incredible feeling.
                    Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• lilsensa
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

^^^Yeah, wall dives in Cayman are insane. Def a strange feeling when you go over the wall and look down into the abyss
                      RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                        • Mar 2008

gonna start up one of those PADI elearning things.

(((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• lendetomp
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Nov 2009

Amazing experience, i dived few years ago in a place called Hurgarda in the Red Sea. Some of the fish we saw were amazing, loads of other stuff too, these blue spotted sting rays, moray eels, turtles sharks and dolphins just some of the stuff. One of my friends learnt to be dive master and then went travelling taking people on dives, sounds really good thing to do. I want to do wreck diving most, there were a few were we went but just swum around them.

If you get the chance, do it, you will not be disappointed.

Comment

Working...