X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • runningman
    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
    • Jun 2004

Good Documentary - Occupation 101

It goes over what it is like living in a military occupation. Resonator and Florida you guys really should watch this so you can better understand the situation in Iraq.

• floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: Good Documentary - Occupation 101

^I'm not sure I understand what gives you any credibility on the subject whatsoever (like many of your threads).

How many real conversations have you had with troops that have been in the middle east?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Steve Graham
      DJ Jelly
      • Jun 2004

to be fair on this thread he's only posting a video, I'm not thinking he's saying he filmed the video

Comment

• floridaorange
        • Dec 2005

^To be fair Steve, he could have simply posted the video..

... but he addresses me...

... so I'm responding with an honest inquiry as to why RM thinks he understands something, and why is understanding of US occupation is more complete than mine (or resonators).

Comment

• floridaorange
          • Dec 2005

p.s. Anyone who quotes Albert Einstein, Ghandi and Johnathan Swift is surely competent enough to establish real credibility.

Comment

• Steve Graham
            DJ Jelly
            • Jun 2004

lol, true

it also doesn't take a lot of competence to highlight, right click, copy, paste

Comment

• runningman
              Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
              • Jun 2004

Florida was it you or Reso that said you went to the recruitment center and then decided not to join? WTF do yo uknw about War? Stop preaching like you are so damn smart on the issue. I'm sick of hearing about your made up stories of you know this person, you know that person when you obviously don't know shit! You never give a real name because your frineds don't want to be mentioned.

You didn't even watch the documentary did you? I will fill you in on the awards it has won
              • Winner of the "Golden Palm" Award (highest honor given by jury) and for "Best Editing" at the 2007 International Beverly Hills Film Festival.[7][8]
              • Winner of the 'Artivist Award' for Best Feature Film under the category of Human Rights at the 2006 Artivist Film Festival in Hollywood.
              • Winner of the Best Documentary Award (Special Recognition) at the 2007 New Orleans International Human Rights Film Festival.
              • Winner of the Best Feature Film Award at the 2006 River's Edge Film Festival.[9]
              • Winner of the Best Documentary Feature Award at 2006 The Dead Center Film Festival.
              • Winner of the Audience Award for Best Documentary at 2006 East Lansing Film Festival.
              • Winner of the John Michaels Memorial Award at the 2006 Big Muddy Film Festival.

Just because you like to watch your soldiers kill innocent people and then you try to make excuses for them doesn't make you an expert on War because you went to a recruitment center once.. I'm sorry for being so harsh but fuck.

I am more competent than you both because of education on topics.

Comment

• runningman
                Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                • Jun 2004

I also called you out because you guys don't know the difference between War and Occupation. If you did some homework to educate yourself you wouldn't sound so stupid in your arguments.

Military Occupation - A condition in which territory is under the effective control of a foreign armed force
                War - A state of open, armed, often prolonged conflict carried on between nations, states, or parties.

Which one sounds like what the US is doing in Iraq? You aren't at war with Iraq that was over a long time ago. Saddam is dead I think that is a good indication of the war being over. You guys are Occupiers now. So I thought I wold post a documentary on what is Occupation 101...

Comment

• res0nat0r
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • May 2006

We should then follow your logic and pull out tomorrow, because that will keep the innocent citizens from being killed by insurgents right?

Comment

• runningman
                    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                    • Jun 2004

what would the world look like if the British and Russians came it to stop the US Civil War?

Comment

• res0nat0r
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • May 2006

There wasnt a civil war before the invasion. Basically the US led coalition screwed everything up, so they arent just going to say "well shit. ok we screwed up, cya". Thats why a nice "we are out of here in 6 weeks" answer is never going to happen as long as things stay they way they are now imo.

Comment

• runningman
                        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                        • Jun 2004

There wasn't a civil war before the US got there because Saddam was a ruthless dictator (who was supported by the US previously). He used WMD's from the US to gas his own people. The worry is if the US leaves there will be a civil war. It is there right to have a civil war if they can't figure out who's ideals represent the majority of the country politically.

Comment

• chunky
                          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by res0nat0r
                          We should then follow your logic and pull out tomorrow, because that will keep the innocent citizens from being killed by insurgents right?
                          They are going to be anyway. The Taliban have infiltrated the Afghan police and army and are now being trained by the US & UK military.

Five soldiers were killed and six injured when a 'rogue' Afghan policeman opened fire at a checkpoint in Helmand province
                          Originally posted by res0nat0r
                          OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• Steve Graham
                            DJ Jelly
                            • Jun 2004

I read this stuff, and I appreciate all your opinions, and yes I make some harsh opinionated statements which may come across as personal attacks, which are not meant to be.. but seriously, why do you lot really care and put so much effort into so may topics that really, you HAVE ZERO CONTROL OVER, AND NONE OF THIS IS GOING TO CHANGE REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU KNOW OR DON'T KNOW, AGREE OR DISAGREE ON
                            ffs, life is too fucking short man, let it go, live your life, fuck all is going to change no matter what you post, copy, paste or whatever on a message board

if you know so much and think you have the answers, get off your asses and go something about it, other wise, carry on i guess and waste away on your high horse behind a fucking keyboard an monitor and pat yourself on the back before you go to bed, lol

war... sucks
                            governments.. can't be trusted
                            money/religion.... starts wars

which one of those above has been different over the past few 1000 years?

Comment

• Shpira
                              Angry Boy Child
                              • Oct 2006

yeah Steve is right in some respects...but I would still say it is important to know and debate all of these things so as not to loose perspective on things. In the words of GREAT George Carlin "its all bullshit and its bad for you" we should never forget that IMO
                              The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                              Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

Working...