• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Pope named in US abuse lawsuit

source & video: http://www.euronews.net/2010/04/23/p...abuse-lawsuit/

The Catholic Chuch child abuse scandal has dealt a fresh blow to Pope Benedict XVI who has now been named in a lawsuit by an alleged American victim.

The unidentified man says he was abused by the late Father Lawrence Murphy who, it is claimed,
    molested some 200 boys at a school for the deaf.

In 1995, the victim wrote to the then Vatican Secretary of State but says there was no reply. It is claimed the Pope, then Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, was made aware of the allegations but failed to act.

The latest challenge to the Vatican calls for it to open secret files on investigations into priests.

Addressing claims of a cover-up, the Pope’s spokesman Father Federico Lombardi told euronews that failing to face up to such issues goes back to a time when there was a culture of discretion, not only within the Church, but in society in general. But this does not, he acknowledges, excuse the Church from facing up to its responsibility today, with total transparency and clarity needed.

After a bishop in Germany offered to resign over physically abusing children, government sponsored talks are taking place there today to investigate abuse in church and secular schools.

For more on the Church child abuse scandal, you can watch a special Euronews programme at 7.30pm tonight, Central European time.

It was fun while it lasted...
  • clintlove
    Hey girl, ya Hungry?
    • Jun 2004

Re: Pope named in US abuse lawsuit

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
      Anyone have Styx livesets?
      • Jun 2004

I posted this in nonsense but htis thread seems appropriate too

....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• runningman
        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
        • Jun 2004

I'm not sure what the church was thinking when Ratzinger was named Pope. I knew the day I heard his name called that there was something wrong here. I guess that is what you get for putting a Hitler Youth in charge of the church.

So to recap the world

A Former Hitler Youth is running the Catholic Church
        An Indonesian is running the USA

Wow are we ever on the right track.

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by TheVrk
          it IS incredible isn't it??
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...