Are there any DJs playing music like Desyn did 3-4 years ago?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stu
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

Are there any DJs playing music like Desyn did 3-4 years ago?

I've been out of the scene for a while now as a lot of the music I hear these days has got too weird and noisy. Even Desyn seems to have fallen off the face of the planet for a while and the stuff he's playing when he does pop up is certainly not what it used to be.
    Luke Fair was another I used to really like the sound of, but haven't heard too much from him recently. Ricky Ryan plays some great stuff, but would like some alternatives.

Anyone got any suggestions on where I should start looking?
    "When you stop striving for perfection, you might aswell be dead"
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: Are there any DJs playing music like Desyn did 3-4 years ago?

BalErik, Andy Newland

...you need to play catch up with Luke Fair though, he's been completely on top of his game imo.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Steve Graham
      DJ Jelly
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Stu
      I've been out of the scene for a while now as a lot of the music I hear these days has got too weird and noisy. Even Desyn seems to have fallen off the face of the planet for a while and the stuff he's playing when he does pop up is certainly not what it used to be.
      Luke Fair was another I used to really like the sound of, but haven't heard too much from him recently. Ricky Ryan plays some great stuff, but would like some alternatives.

Anyone got any suggestions on where I should start looking?
      you need to check Desyn out again mate, saw him twice in Miami and he played some great music

Luke is on fire dj and production wise

check out, jody wisternoff, joris voorn, tom morgan

to be fair, Desyn didn't go anywhere, just been doing a lot of stuff with Omid and Demi

you must have been completely out of the scene because Luke hasn't gone any where.. welcome back =)
      there's some great music out there

check the P&R section!

Comment

• 88Mariner
        My dick is smaller
        • Nov 2006

Holic, Hisham Zahran, Jody Wisternoff, Add2Basket, Tom Morgan, probably even Bart van Wissen, too.
        you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Steve Graham
          DJ Jelly
          • Jun 2004

^^^ yes can't believe I forgot Add2Basket

Comment

• ganjamo
            Platinum Poster
            • Jan 2006

ricky ryan !!
            Dont panic, its organic.

Comment

• coleby761
              Are you Kidding me??
              • May 2008

Steve Graham's WMC promo 2010 is wicked too. You won't find anybody playing what desyn did 4 years ago. But there's plenty of quality house music out there.

Comment

• Stu
                Getting Somewhere
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by coleby761
                Steve Graham's WMC promo 2010 is wicked too. You won't find anybody playing what desyn did 4 years ago. But there's plenty of quality house music out there.
                Do you mean not playing the same tracks, or not playing the same type of sound?
                "When you stop striving for perfection, you might aswell be dead"

Comment

• Steve Graham
                  DJ Jelly
                  • Jun 2004

thanks coleby I really appreciate that

Comment

• coleby761
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • May 2008

Not playing that type of sound. Desyn has said in interviews he's embarassed about the music he used to play.

Comment

• 88Mariner
                      My dick is smaller
                      • Nov 2006

Not playing that type of sound. Desyn has said in interviews he's embarassed about the music he used to play.
                      for real? his sound back then could turn goat piss into gasoline. what a shame.
                      you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

----PEACE-----

Comment

• coleby761
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • May 2008

I kept a few from 2004-2006. Love that Home Budapest 2006 4+ hours. But it's defo borderline cheese. I think he walked that line pretty good back then.

here's that home 2006 marathon, this one actually 20 minutes longer than my copy

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Comment

• Haziel
                          Likes a finger upthere
                          • Jan 2007

Comment

• 88Mariner
                            My dick is smaller
                            • Nov 2006

What about his E-mix from WMC in 2005? that was stormin'. Colby; that budapest set is good too.

----PEACE-----

Comment

• coleby761
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • May 2008

yeah the EM was from october 2004 I believe, and yeah Mariner the Home set is great. It's funny cuz most I think most desyn fans love him back then and not too much recently.

Comment

Working...