• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PROG
    Gold Gabber
    • Aug 2005

Re: This Arizona immigration law really PISSES ME OFF

Originally posted by Cj Tari
    so, if you are a contractor you are an illegal immigrant?
    my bad. I meant to say those men outside Home Depot looking for work. If you look like that walking down the street. you should be asked.

Comment

• Cj Tari
      MCast Resident DJ
      • Nov 2004

again, that's just generalizing, and racial profiling, making it a living hell if you are a hispanic.

yeah i think there needs to be something done in regard with immigration, but this is not the way to go. Racial profiling will only lead to more racism and hatred towards the Hispanic community.
      ..:: listen :: react ::..
      http://www.myspace.com/djcjtari
      http://www.facebook.com/cjtari
      http://soundcloud.com/cj-tari

Comment

• 88Mariner
        My dick is smaller
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Cj Tari
        again, that's just generalizing, and racial profiling, making it a living hell if you are a hispanic.

yeah i think there needs to be something done in regard with immigration, but this is not the way to go. Racial profiling will only lead to more racism and hatred towards the Hispanic community.
        How do you square away the requirement of possessing a valid identification card with...er....say....the Netherlands, for example, where “all Dutch citizens from the age of 14 are required to be able to show a valid identity document when the police or other supervisors ask for identification.”? Most countries have this requirement in varying sorts. Of course, those governments kinda give a damn about border security. Also, tell me more about this 'hispanic race'.

I'm personally amused at the people crying out that this will 'profile' hispanics. This does not make it a living hell if you're a hispanic, but it will if you are here illegal. Like I said above, do Arizonan's have a problem with pasty-white canadians crossing illegally into their domain? IMO, people complaining about this law essentially are of the belief that the US should allow unrestricted immigration of anyone who wants to move here; not enforcing the laws is a means of achieving the policy they want.

As a practical matter, the state of Arizona really does not have the police numbers to go around and question every mexican in that state. They have other policing functions, too, you know. And unfortunately this is going to make their job more difficult in the long run. In no way is this going to be a vast and pervasive function of the police in AZ.

All that aside, the USSC will shut this one down on a 5-4 vote, and the 'wise latina' will be the deciding vote. How retardedly poetic, it will be said.
        you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• toasty
          Sir Toastiness
          • Jun 2004

Tom Freakin' Tancredo is actually a bit critical of this bill:

Pretty much says it all, IMO.

Comment

• toasty
            Sir Toastiness
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by runningman
            Wow that is soooooooo racist..... so now that you started it herre we go.
            Not sure how you'd see that cartoon and conclude that it's racist. Were you basically looking for an excuse to post these?

Comment

• toasty
              Sir Toastiness
              • Jun 2004

Wow that is soooooooo racist..... so now that you started it herre we go.

***insert runningman's Mexican Jokes here***
              You know, I thought about it, and I can't in good conscience let this go without further comment. I do recognize that on the spectrum of bigotry, this isn't near as bad as some alternatives. With that said, however, I'm not going to sit by in tacit approval while someone makes racially-themed jokes. [ms] is a diverse, global community, and shit like this is an antithesis of the reason I come here. [ms] cannot become a place where we're OK with this sort of bullshit -- take it somewhere else.
              Last edited by toasty; April 26, 2010, 05:22:51 PM.

Comment

• runningman
                Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                • Jun 2004

Where did my post go? Who cut out my post and why?

How is it not racist? It is implying that all white cops are racist. God Toasty you sure are one of the white people out there that just don't get it anymore. You don't have a clue what racism is.

MS isn't a place for this sort of bullshit as you put it. I posted some Mexican jokes.. So what. CJ posted American cops are All racist. Which one is worse? That was the point I was trying to make out of this.

Toasty = Clueless

Comment

• toasty
                  Sir Toastiness
                  • Jun 2004

Where did my post go? Who cut out my post and why?

How is it not racist? It is implying that all white cops are racist. God Toasty you sure are one of the white people out there that just don't get it anymore. You don't have a clue what racism is.

MS isn't a place for this sort of bullshit as you put it. I posted some Mexican jokes.. So what. CJ posted American cops are All racist. Which one is worse? That was the point I was trying to make out of this.

Toasty = Clueless
                  The point of the cartoon was not that all white cops are racist, it is that the new law will compel the police to use skin color as part of their probable cause determination. It's a technique known as satire. Google it.

And I'm the one who's "clueless?" While you're looking up "satire," you might want to check out "irony" as well.

Comment

• toasty
                    Sir Toastiness
                    • Jun 2004

MS isn't a place for this sort of bullshit as you put it. I posted some Mexican jokes.. So what.
                    By the way, what about [ms], which is a global community linked by a love of EDM, suggests to you that it's the ideal place to post a bunch of Mexican jokes?

And by the way, lest there be any confusion, I didn't remove your post (I don't have that ability), but I did report it, so there's part of your mystery solved right there.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                      DJ Jelly
                      • Jun 2004

someone is walking a very fine line, and not even to prove a remotely valid point, I'm almost willing to suggest the inevitible.

beautiful comment regarding satire and irony by the way, lol

Comment

• runningman
                        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                        • Jun 2004

so let me get this straight. You report my post. Then you copy it in a quote? What was the point of reporting the quote if you were just going to copy it? So you didn't want to ban my post you just wanted to report me to the MS police.

Also the cops were white cops checking for skin color. How is that not racist? Why not have one black cop and one white cop. Or one mexican cop and a black cop?? It is racist. You can't even recognize it anymore. You say anyone talking about Mexican Jokes is racist but a cartoon that shows the bad white cops checking for skin color isn't racist?? You must be kidding me.

Steve how am I walking afine line by posting Mexican Jokes.. We can't laugh here? Someone post some asian jokes and white jokes.. I don't give a shit.

Comment

• runningman
                          Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                          • Jun 2004

You Know You're Asian if

• You live in Asia.
                          • You look at your friend and see that he has the same HAIRCUT as you.
                          • You tap on the table when someone is pouring you tea.
                          • People start yelling Ni Ho Ma?
                          • People think you're Chinese no matter what part of Asia you are truly from.
                          • At a restaurant, you order a delicious glass of water for your beverage and NEVER order dessert.
                          • Your family always cheers for the Asian athlete on TV.
                          • Your parents will get you into places 50% off by saying you are 12 when you are really 15.
                          • Your parents enjoy comparing you to their friends' kids.
                          • Your non Asian friends ask you how to curse in your language, to curse to other Asians.
                          • Your relatives' houses smell either like mothballs or medicine.
                          • You have rocks, sticks, leaves, and other strange smelling stuff in your medicine cabinet.
                          • You mostly listen to rap, dance and techno music/songs.
                          • Your parents owns a store like a restaurant.
                          • You've visited this site.
                          • Your mom has a short haired, curly perm.
                          • Your dad is some kind of engineer.
                          • You ask your parents for help on a math problem and 2 hours later they are still lecturing.
                          • You shop 99 ranch.
                          • You've learned to keep bargaining even if the prices are rock bottom.
                          • You've eaten parts of animals they don't even put in hot dogs.
                          • You have painful memories of the feather duster.
                          • You dress like all your Asian friends.
                          • You get nothing when you do well in school, but you get crapped on when you don't.
                          • You have about 12 or more Aunts or Uncles.
                          • You have tiles in at least 2 rooms in your house.
                          • You've read my page up to here.
                          • Your family owns Asian Cars (Toyota).
                          • You have woven mats in your house.
                          • You shop at a Local Asian Market.
                          • Your family takes pictures everywhere they go.
                          • Your dad has the same haircut he had when he was a child.
                          • You see lots of Karaoke videos with phony girls in them.
                          • Nothing matches in your house.
                          • You have a box of noodles in your house.
                          • You have a bucket full of rice in your pantry.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                            • May 2006

better be careful...you're going to piss off the wrong people and end up like beanz.

Comment

• toasty
                              Sir Toastiness
                              • Jun 2004

so let me get this straight. You report my post. Then you copy it in a quote?
                              Actually, it was the other way around -- I responded to it, then decided that it was worth reporting -- but with the point being made, I'll delete the quote from my message.

Comment

• runningman
                                Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                                • Jun 2004

White Joke 01
                                How did the white boy come out of the grocery store with a six pack? He walked in and payed for it.
                                White Joke 02
                                How do you stop five white guys from raping a white woman? Throw them a golf ball.
                                White Joke 03
                                How long does it take for a white women to take a crap? 9 months
                                White Joke 04
                                How many white girls does it take to screw in a light? None, white girls can’t screw
                                White Joke 05
                                How many white men does it take to screw in a light bulb? One, white men will screw anything.
                                White Joke 07
                                What did a white guy see when he looked at his family tree? A straight line!
                                White Joke 08
                                What did the white man do before his blood test? He studied.
                                White Joke 09
                                What did the white woman do after she spilled hot coffee on her legs? File a lawsuit.
                                White Joke 10
                                What do Mickey Mouse and Michael Jackson have in common? They are both black people with white faces.

Comment

Working...