X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • barkup
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Review NYE @ Renaissance with Dave Seaman

Went to Renaissance @ The Cross cos Dave Seaman was bringing in the new year,

First up was Marcus James on warm up duty. He played a wicked set bringing the tempo up nicely for Seaman who came on at 11:00.

You knew Seaman was on straight away, he didn?t fuck around and was banging from the start. At about 10 minutes to midnight he played GWEN STEFANI ? WHAT YOU WAITING FOR (tick tock, tick tock) great tune to build up for the stroke of midnight, then the midnight tune was UNDERTONES ? TEENAGE KICKS (respect to John Peel).
    All hell broke loose then with tunes (from what I remember)
    GUY GERBER ? STOPPAGE TIME
    ALEX DOBY ? HAZY WAYS (Evil 9 remix)
    U2 ? VERTIGO (Redanka remix)
    Just what you need for new year, tunes you know (which is why we went to Renaissance).

Next up was Marcus James again at 1:30 who?s first tune was THE all time Renaissance classic BEDROCK ? FOR WHAT YOU DREAM OF, There is something special about being at Renaissance and hearing that tune!, the whole place went metal singing along and waiting for the best line in that tune??..GET DOWN.
    I was losing the plot by this time and needed a quiet 10 minutes so I headed for a sit down in the other room.

Paul Jackson (Underwater Records) was playing and mixing things up well, SPEKTUM ? KINDA NEW, X-PRESS 2 ? MUSICISUM, so didn?t sit down for long.

Back to the main room for HYBRID, who started with MORY KANTE - YEKE YEKE, which I missed (gutted).Can?t remember to much of there set as i was wobbling all over the place
    Before I knew it, it was 5:30 and we was all ready to call it a night, The Cross was still packed with only ? hour to the end. As we left I had one last look around, and boy there were some messed up people in there, then again every time i?ve been to The Cross its been the same, which is why I like it.

All in all a great night, Seaman rocked it, and the atmosphere as wicked, I don?t get out much these days to go clubbing but it was just what was needed.
    Renaissance lived up to being what its always been, even after all these years, QUALITY.
    • May 2002

I haven't heard anything from seaman since his last GU.... good to know the egghead still rocks it.....

-e-
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• MJ
      Here since 2002
      • Jun 2004

Re: Review NYE @ Renaissance with Dave Seaman

Originally posted by barkup
      Next up was Marcus James again at 1:30 who?s first tune was THE all time Renaissance classic BEDROCK ? FOR WHAT YOU DREAM OF, There is something special about being at Renaissance and hearing that tune!, the whole place went metal singing along and waiting for the best line in that tune??..GET DOWN
      Awsome, i can picture it now, the dawn of a brand new year, loads of happy smiley faces and then that track comes on. I know i`d be singing for sure. I bet you had a ball matey.
      mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• LV-8
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Re: Review NYE @ Renaissance with Dave Seaman

I hope his new Therapy Sessions w/ Luke Chable will be better than his last one he did.

Comment

Working...