What years do you reckon where the best for John Digweeds music?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 88Mariner
    My dick is smaller
    • Nov 2006

Re: What years do you reckon where the best for John Digweeds music?

Originally posted by Dhar_2
    96 - 99

x2
    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• coleby761
      Are you Kidding me??
      • May 2008

I would agree with the xception of 98. Was just noise for me. Know I'm in the minority but have very few sets from S&D in 98. I would also add 2000 and certainly 2008-present he's been amazing imo

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

ok, I'm not being funny here, but, I honestly don't get the scrutinising of what years a dj was good or bad.. the past 15 years have been a blur to me, albeit a fun one, I just remember the good music I've experienced over that time and if something wasn't good, it gets forgotten. I don't have the time, energy or brain cells for that matter to go back and say "well, from June of '99 to march of '01.. etc etc."
        just seems odd to me, lol
        of course a set here and there will stand out, but gauging a dj/producer in 12 month intervals, I don't know, just weird

oh, sorry, IMO

Comment

• Garrick
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

i agree with steve.... digweed has had one of the biggest, most illustrious careers of any dj. every time i have seen him he has MURDERED the clubs. i have thoroughly enjoyed almost everything he has put out there for us to listen to for ages.

i will say this though... the only time i wasn't really into his set was last time i saw him with sasha here in atlanta last year (i must say that sasha was absolutely awesome that night). With this essential mix he's doing at the end of may though, i have a feeling he's going to restore something that was lost for me as i also haven't really enjoyed a lot of his sets he's released recently. i will say he's still the most diligent, best dj there is though. he works HARD and even though i might not be digging the tunes he's playing right now as much as i did 3 years agos, he's still one of, if not THE most talented dj out there. put him on an altar. there's nothing left for him to prove. i will never miss a show in atlanta when he comes here.
          Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• PROG
            Gold Gabber
            • Aug 2005

2008 and earlier. minus electro ping pong stuff.

Comment

• hypoluxxa
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by feather
              1. All of them minus the electroshit phase.
              Bravo!!!

+1

Comment

• funkykarma
                Gold Gabber
                • Jan 2006

Funnily enough in the middle of his electro phase he put out one of his strongest mixes, the Fabric Webmix in 2005

Comment

• simonr
                  Transitionator
                  • Jun 2004

I was playing his fabric CD in the car the other day and thought it was fantastic - recommend you all dust it off
                  sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Hoff
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by simonr
                    I was playing his fabric CD in the car the other day and thought it was fantastic - recommend you all dust it off
                    no doubt !, .. . that beginning now live can be

Comment

• ganjamo
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jan 2006

la dune times ftw!
                      also 2008-present.
                      Dont panic, its organic.

Comment

• sakio pod
                        SALAD TOSSER
                        • Jun 2004

la dune still can't believe people think thats digweed LMAO

2005 was a low point in most music that year

every year keeps gettting better and better almost don't even care about the past anymore

Comment

• fumanchu182
                          Angantyr The Ruthless
                          • Jun 2004

It's kind of hard to say what his best years were when he is still out there kicking ass at every event. If I would have to choose what year I think he has laid down the best knowing that I can change it in the future as we still listen to him I would say 2001-2004 were his vintage years but from 2009-2010 he has been killing it. John is like a fine wine, it gets better with age.
                          The sailors of the United States Navy are among the most disciplined, devoted, and well-trained fighting men the world has ever known. They drink gasoline and piss fire, The spit bullets and shit bombs, and will swim across the ocean with a knife in their teeth just for the chance to carve up those that threaten their homeland.

Comment

• mnbvcxz
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Feb 2006

2001. i.e. GU019

Comment

• nicomax
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jayson
                              Hard for me to say, I never really cared for him until 2006, and ever since I haven't been able to get enough of him.
                              The opposite here... 1999-2002 were really good times for me listening to his mixes. Production wise, though I´m not a big fan of Diggers own productions (Bedrock), I like their recent ones
                              Nicomax

Comment

• Dhar_2
                                meat and potatoes
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by andyniko
                                2001. i.e. GU019
                                i prefer GU006

Comment

Working...