Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andyrUK
    Getting warmed up
    • Apr 2009

Special Deluxe Podcast - Sasha @ Mark Hunts House (Zen After Party) 1996 Part 1

Dear All,

Given the renewed interest in the Sasha (Zen After Party) Mix, after Mark Hunt's Dat recording
    surfaced, I thought I would try and take it one step further and create something more in line
    with 2010 format wise by creating a Deluxe Version.

So I spent considerable time editing Part 1 of the recording into an Iphone/ipod Podcast with a visually
    interactive photo book sequenced to sound track and CD Style Navigation skip, forwards and backwards.

Performed by Dj Sasha Live at Mark Hunt's House (Zen After Party) Labor Day 1996. Recording courtesy of DJ Mark Hunt http://soundcloud.com/djmarkhunt Deluxe Iphone/ipod Podcast with visually i

I did this because I believe it's time to set the bar higher standard wise, in the hope that some of our favorite DJ's take notice and to try and empower them to take control over their own live set distribution. To give us something in high quality bit rate format, that's reflective of what their actually currently playing now, rather than six months old.

For them to make these sets available to download on their own websites rather than peer to peer file sharing sights and blogspots.

Charlie May in particular has led the way with this approach recently and it's to be applauded.

Hope you all enjoy what i've done and feedback positive or negative is always welcomed!
    If their's sufficient demand I may do others

Andy
  • GregWhelan
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: Special Deluxe Podcast - Sasha @ Mark Hunts House (Zen After Party) 1996 Part 1

Good work mate.

I just downloaded the entire 6 hours of the set from Mark Hunt's soundcloud page, I have only ever heard the first hour which is good. Eager to listen to the whole thing.

Comment

• Adzey
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Mar 2008

Re: Special Deluxe Podcast - Sasha @ Mark Hunts House (Zen After Party) 1996 Part 1

good stuff andy

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"

Comment

• funkykarma
        Gold Gabber
        • Jan 2006

Nice one Andy!

On a different note, anyone know what happened to the Positive Education thread in P&R that had links to the Leama and Sasha mixes last night?

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Top effort!

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• andyrUK
            Getting warmed up
            • Apr 2009

Glad you like! I may try to edit some of the other hours too in the same format!!

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by funkykarma
              On a different note, anyone know what happened to the Positive Education thread in P&R that had links to the Leama and Sasha mixes last night?
              Same here..

Great work Andy,many thanks for this

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• Dhar_2
                meat and potatoes
                • Jun 2004

theres a better quality version!

i'll be having some of that!

shame the full set is downloaded out on sc!

Comment

• coliver1980
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by funkykarma
                  This.

Comment

Working...