X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Localizer
    Platinum Poster
    • Jul 2004

My review of beautiful Costa Rica

Might I say this was a funfilled trip. Stepping off the plane at 3am cst in San Jose, I was engulfed by an extra presence of weight known as humidity. And boy did it feel good. The drive was 2 hours South of San Jose through windy roads. Very jungly. It was about 5 am before we got to the condo and by then we just konked out.

This resort, Los Suenos, is absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately I left my battery charger at my step bro's in San Diego so I only caught a few pics before the battery died. But I'll grab pics from my brother. The sunsets in this area are prestigious. I can't even describe how sensational they are here at only 9 N of the equator. The women are naturally born beautiful and I'll trust anyone's judgement on any other latin influenced countries.

The food here is amazing: fresh and juicy lobster and crab along with the occasional fish. And the herb here is pretty dam good.

As for the town of Jaco, it's a pretty small town that's busy during the day and only selectively busy during the night. If you're a tourist and travelling alone, I suggest you stick to one of the several small bars so you don't get jumped by some junky. Yes, junky, the freaks come out at night. After about 11pm the crazy junkies come out (Jaco has a horrible drug problem from what I've been told, and at the time, could see). However, that shouldn't deter anyone from being adventurous and ballsy at night .

If you really want to relax, this area is the place to go. Gorgeous and laid back and located inside a nice cove, you'll enjoy the pleasures of sipping on a mojito at the hotel pool with swaying palms or having some nice fun with the crazy late night locals in Jaco.

I'll post pics in a few weeks from now (my brother is leaving for India tomorrow)
    Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
    -Bertrand Russell
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

thank god you didn't pick Sri Lanka

Comment

• Localizer
      Platinum Poster
      • Jul 2004

we were originally supposed to go to the maldives.
      -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Hos
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

lovely review, can't wait for the pics...those sunsets sound delicious
        black is the new black www.mercuryserver.com

Comment

• jeffrey collins
          Not cool enough
          • Jun 2004

Yes please hook those of us in the northern part of the world up with some of these beautiful shots.
          Jeffrey Collins: Painter
          My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
          My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• skahound
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • Jun 2004

Glad you made it back safely Kabir. Sounds like you had an awesome time...post those pics asap.
            A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• gokada
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jun 2004

Re: My review of beautiful Costa Rica

I actually have a couple friends living there right now...they say it's the shit....my friend told me a story about the first time he went to visit the other friend...they were taken to this mansion and greeted by none other than Jerry Garcia...I thought he was supposed to be dead but they say he faked his death...who knows...wouldve been believable with pics but obviously they didn't, er, couldn't take any....
              Glenn Okada (www.glennokada.com)
              "...without struggle, there is no progress."

Comment

• skahound
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • Jun 2004

Re: My review of beautiful Costa Rica

Originally posted by gokada
                .they were taken to this mansion and greeted by none other than Jerry Garcia...I thought he was supposed to be dead but they say he faked his death...who knows...
                A friend of mine has a friend that knows a guy that said Jerry Garcia was living in a pouch.

Comment

• Localizer
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jul 2004

roofles, when do you get back joe? so we can all go out for a drink or something.
                  -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• skahound
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Localizer
                    roofles, when do you get back joe? so we can all go out for a drink or something.
                    Dude, I'm back like a bad case of the crabs. School starts Monday, get your ass over to Orlando so we can throw back a few.

Comment

Working...