• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shpira
    Angry Boy Child
    • Oct 2006

Re: Israeli raid on Gaza flotilla

The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
    Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• davetlv
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Bwahahahahahaha - no where on this site, to the best of my knowledge, has any supporter of Israel tried to silence those who are against it and I am certainly not one of those who accuses anyone who opposed my country as an anti-semite.

Let me set the record straight from my own personal perspective, challenging my governement is absolutly welcomed by me, and many Israelis, what I have a problem with is the way the those who oppose Isreali actions demand a higher standard from Israel then from any other country on this planet.

For example, a call for an international inquiry against every Israeli action would be legitimate if the same calls were made against, lets say against the US and UK for their illegal wars in the Middle East. Additionally, the UNHRC, which seem unusually pre-occupied with Israel, ignores such human rights violators like Sudan, Lybia, Iran, Syria, Nigeria, Burma, China et all. whilst actually having those same oppresive regimes on their internation human rights body - great double standard don't you think?

But I guess to some people around here having that double standard is acceptable whilst they throw out pathetic claims about Israel's supporters being anti this and anti that and full of hate - whilst ignoring those far greater violators on international law.

Shame really that those of us who oppose this double standard are happy to challenge some of the bullshit that appears on-line.

Comment

• bobjuice
        Banned
        • May 2008

Originally posted by davetlv
        a call for an international inquiry against every Israeli action would be legitimate if the same calls were made against, lets say against the US and UK for their illegal wars in the Middle East.
        We do - and we are. The illegal wars you speak of went against the wishes of the majority here in the UK. If it wasn't for our govt lying completely about the threat and supressing anyone in opposition, the majority would've been far greater and they couldn't have done it.
        I find that disgusting personally, but the damage is now done and irreversible i'm afraid.
        To be critical of the actions of other govts doesn't mean that you support the actions of your own without question.
        I'm appalled by human rights violations the world over (inc all the countries you mention) ashamed by the actions of our "leaders" in much of our recent history.

Sometimes you have to leave your flags and holy books at the door and deal in the old fashioned values of wrong and right.

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

^^^ Well said ! Definitely mirrors the way I feel about our governments here too!!

For goodness sake davetlv, get over yourself, you sound like a petulant child. "DIDI [and everyone else] is picking on me"

I don't like facts, I love facts !! Which is why I find your propaganda so offensive .

ganjamo, I did understand what you meant, but looking from here the Israelis look an awful lot better off than the Palestinians.
          Originally posted by TheVrk
          it IS incredible isn't it??
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• dig72
            Gold Gabber
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ganjamo
            There was ammunition on the ship. Does that count as humanitarian aid?
            I haven't read or seen that anywhere. All I've read or seen is knives and poles, sticks.

Also a couple of days after this issue, the IDF sent aid to the gaza strip and Hamas did not want to recieve it. They are also being hungered by their government.
            Israel are the only ones deliberately starving Palestinian men, woman and children. This is fact and the whole world knows this. It's been going on for years.

Its like the attack on gaza that happened back in January, they destroyed the tunnels that brought weapons and other stuff and since then only few attacks to israel have occurred.
            Why is it ok for israel to weapons and not Palestinians?

Now, if you allow this kind of ships to bring "humanitarian aid" and they react like this when boarded, would'nt it sound like there's something fishy going on?
            Delusional much?

It's ok I understand.
            Last edited by dig72; June 14, 2010, 08:07:29 AM.
            “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
            Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• dig72
              Gold Gabber
              • Nov 2004

Uri Avnery asks a few questions.

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
              Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• Miguel
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Oct 2005

what kind of reaction will there be on part of Israel now that IRAN has sent some ships with "humanitarian aid" ?

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by dig72
                  Uri Avnery asks a few questions.

http://www.avnery-news.co.il/english/index.html
                  Thank you
                  STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• davetlv
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

German news report on the flotilla of fool.

Planned violence on the Mavi Marmara

Code Pink member lied about the violence she claimed to see on the Marmara, a ship she wasn't even on.

U.S. Army Col. (Ret.) Ann Wright, on a speaking tour of the United States on behalf of radical pacifist women's group Code Pink, bills herself as an eyewitness to the IDF raid on the Mavi Marmara and what she termed the “murder” of “nine innocent civilians.” However, in an interview with Aaron Lerner of IMRA, she admits she did not actually see the clash between the IDF soldiers and the armed passengers on board the Mavi Marmara.

Lerner asks questions about what she saw, but does not remind her that the confrontation took place between 4:30 and 5:00 a.m., in the dark of night (IDF footage of the raid was carried out with night vision equipment) when she admits to being on another ship..
                    In a promotional e-mail on behalf of "Code Pink: Women for Peace," Wright says: “I just returned from the Gaza Freedom Flotilla and started my speaking tour last night in NYC to share what I witnessed aboard the flotilla, and what people can do to end the siege.”
                    “I witnessed the Israeli attack that killed 9 persons and wounded 50 on the Gaza Flotilla... the murder of nine persons... Tragically, it took another example of disproportionate use of force by the Israeli military that resulted in the deaths of nine innocent civilians to force many governments of the world to call for the Israelis to end the siege of Gaza.”
                    In the interview with Lerner she admitted that she was not aboard the Mavi Marmara but on a different ship, the Challenger, which was about 150 yards distant from the Marmara.
                    In the interview, Lerner asks Wright if she has seen the video that shows the passengers preparing weapons for attacking the soldiers.
                    Lerner: “You haven't seen the YouTube that shows the rods that had been cut and prepared and the piles of hatchets that were ready?”
                    Wright: “No, I haven't. I'm still in the process of catching up with all the stuff that's out there.”
                    She also claims that “the video” (apparently the same video that she said she did not see – ed.) stops at a certain point and does not show that “the captain of the ship and the director of the IHH came out of the wheelhouse and told the guys that were on top 'stop beating these soldiers up.'”
                    Lerner: Col. Wright I just want to make sure again – so you actually were on a different boat and did not witness the attack firsthand.
                    Wright: That's correct.
                    Lerner: So your witnessing is based on the information that you are getting from the other folks who were there.
                    Wright: My witness will be specifically what happened on our ship, the Challenger. And then I can comment on what happened in the very first three or four minutes as the Israeli commandos were trying to board the ship. We saw that from the stern of the ship. But after that that's when my witnessing from my own eyes of what happened on that ship would end. Source
                    Maybe Avinery is asking the wrong questions!

I believe that Avinery should join the growing chorus of voices in Israel and around the world who are all demanding that an international inquiry be set up to examine the role of Turkey and its Prime Minister in initiation this attack on Israel.

I doubt our Aussie readers will agree, go figure right!

Comment

• dig72
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Nov 2004

Yes, yes, Avnery is asking all the wrong questions. That's right the whole world is wrong, except for israel and her appeasers.

Heard it all before and it's kind of pathetic and quite sad.

But go ahead, continue on "supporting", defending israels disgraceful and distructive ways.
                      Last edited by dig72; June 17, 2010, 10:45:29 AM.
                      Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• davetlv
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by dig72
                        Yes, yes, Avnery is asking all the wrong questions. That's right the whole world is wrong, except for israel and her appeasers.

Heard it all before and it's kind of pathetic and quite sad.

But go ahead, continue on "supporting", defending israels disgraceful and distructive ways.
                        Meanwhile dig, from your perspective Israel can do no right, regardless, correct?

Israel evacuated all its citizens from Gaza in 2005 in the vague hope that peace could follow, instead all it got was 8000 plus rockets, When Israel defends itself people like you attack it for self defense whilst ignoring the attacks on it, but you go on supporting those homicidal manic in gaza who are holding hostage the 1.5 million gaza residents.

You keep ignoring the Egyptian blockade and the murders of Fatah people in Gaza by Hamas, you keep on ignoring the evidence that there is no shortages of food in Gaza.

And yes Dig I am proud to support my country in this incident, like i was during the Gaza war and Lebanon before it, i don't expect you will ever figure out why, but not my concern.

Like wise I will continue to suppprt the work my country does in conjunction with the PA in West Bank to remove checkposts that have been inplace since the start of the idiotfada back in 2000, and I continue to support the ongoing economic development that goes on there by both sides, but I guess a Palestinian success story in the West Bank means nothing to you, after all you are all hamas now right!

So feel free to attack me for supporting Israel as much as you like but in doing so I would ask you this one question, if you really care about the Palestinians what have you personally done to support the work being done to bring about a two state solution? Or is it that you don't really support the Palestinians just hate the Israelis?

Comment

• Shpira
                          Angry Boy Child
                          • Oct 2006

its pointless... and i don't care enough
                          Last edited by Shpira; June 18, 2010, 03:07:11 AM. Reason: its pointless... and i don't care enough
                          The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                          Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• dig72
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by davetlv
                            Meanwhile dig, from your perspective Israel can do no right, regardless, correct?
                            Just read the papers. You not only have the perspective of Dig72 but also that of the whole world.

Leaders make decisions, they must also accept full responsibility of the outcome, good or bad it doesn't matter. That's how it works, pretty simple.

But there is always someone else to blame right?

Israel evacuated all its citizens from Gaza in 2005 in the vague hope that peace could follow, instead all it got was 8000 plus rockets, When Israel defends itself people like you attack it for self defense whilst ignoring the attacks on it, but you go on supporting those homicidal manic in gaza who are holding hostage the 1.5 million gaza residents.
                            The utter rubbish that you spew is very impressive but also nauseating, but you go ahead continue on with your dribble and blame game.

You keep ignoring the Egyptian blockade and the murders of Fatah people in Gaza by Hamas, you keep on ignoring the evidence that there is no shortages of food in Gaza.
                            Ok , Egypt are also a pack of karnts, so now what?

The disgraceful blockade has been going on since 2007 and serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever, other than to make the suffering, humiliation of Palestinian men, woman and children even harder than what it already is.

Actually, the blockade is the very reason why we are here in this thread.

Jam is pretty dangerous you know, it can be used to make bombs.

All you have to do is mix it with corriander, wrap it up in some slices salami, use tahini filled olives as a propellent and simply fire, fire away.

There you have it guys, the worlds first organic bomb. Pretty impressive stuff isn't it.

But of course, Israel aren't to blame for the disgraceful blockade are they?

It's always someone else.

And yes Dig I am proud to support my country in this incident, like i was during the Gaza war and Lebanon before it, i don't expect you will ever figure out why, but not my concern.
                            It's a warped kind of world you live in and I won't ever make out that I trully understand.

Acually, it is the very reason why most don't and never will understand.

It may very well be a reason but not an excuse.

Like wise I will continue to suppprt the work my country does in conjunction with the PA in West Bank to remove checkposts that have been inplace since the start of the idiotfada back in 2000, and I continue to support the ongoing economic development that goes on there by both sides, but I guess a Palestinian success story in the West Bank means nothing to you, after all you are all hamas now right!
                            We'll just deliberately forget about those living in Gaza, they aren't even Palestinians, they are with the evil Hamas so they don't really matter, the world will just continue on believing the years bullshit that we have been feeding them.

Am I doing it right?

Do I get an A+ for my analysis?

Sorry, continue on.

So feel free to attack me for supporting Israel as much as you like but in doing so I would ask you this one question, if you really care about the Palestinians what have you personally done to support the work being done to bring about a two state solution? Or is it that you don't really support the Palestinians just hate the Israelis?
                            ATTACK, is such a beautiful word isn't it. Not a word that's used much these days.

Yet it won't be used in your support for israel. However, it will be used when warped nonsense and dribble are being shamelessly spewed on public forums such as this one.

I have supported Palestinians in many ways for many years and I hope that it has made some difference. I will support whatever it is the Palestinians want, wether it's a two sate solution or otherwise.

Or is it that you don't really support the Palestinians just hate the Israelis

^ You just couldn't help yourself with such stale statement could you. But that's alright, keep at it, I understand.
                            Last edited by dig72; June 18, 2010, 10:36:22 PM.
                            Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

Why aren't Palestinians allowed to export??

Comment

• dig72
                                Gold Gabber
                                • Nov 2004

Shhhhhhh, occupation.

Don't say it too loud.
                                Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

Working...