X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryanw24
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Congrats to USC

They played a hell of a game!!!!!! 3rd biggest blowout in a #1 vs. #2 match up. Anyone think that Auburn would have made it a better game?
  • Localizer
    Platinum Poster
    • Jul 2004

poor sooners. they should have known what they were going up against when they took on the uni of spoiled children ;P
    Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
    -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• skahound
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Jun 2004

Re: Congrats to USC

Originally posted by Bryanw24
      Anyone think that Auburn would have made it a better game?
      Hard to say. OU played like they were the Northeastern Central South Dakota State University Fighting Bumble Bees or something. White picked off 3 times? If it was just one you could make the argument that it was a bad throw, etc. but 3? USC's defense read him like a children's book. I definitely think Auburn should have had a chance. Say OU vs. Auburn (#2 vs. #3) and winner plays USC (#1) for the National Championship. Only problem with that would be the crap you'd hear from Utah and Boise State.

I just wish I'd have thrown some money down last year after LSU & USC were crowned co-national champions when I said to all the people around me "You watch, USC WILL win the National Championship next year."
      A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• scottpuig
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jan 2005

with tech getting stomped is the sec the true elite ncaa division

Comment

• Steve Graham
          DJ Jelly
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Bryanw24
          They played a hell of a game!!!!!! 3rd biggest blowout in a #1 vs. #2 match up. Anyone think that Auburn would have made it a better game?
          I think they would have for sure. And again this proves how weak the Big XII is. Going undefeated thru the SEC is alot more impressive than the Big XII.. not that the Pac 10 is that much better.

wish I had seen this game tho, i had to work. when i was on break it was 7-0 sooners... then i went on dinner break and it was 48-10

Comment

• skahound
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by scottpuig
            I wouldn't say that Tech got stomped, nor would I say that the SEC is an elite conference. The SEC definitely ranks up there near the Big Ten but lacks the nationwide enthusiasm and history.

Comment

• Steve Graham
              DJ Jelly
              • Jun 2004

what tech are you talking about in the SEC?

Comment

• skahound
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by unome
                what tech are you talking about in the SEC?
                I think he was referring to Va Tech being beaten by Auburn.

Comment

• Garrick
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by skahound
                  Originally posted by scottpuig
                  I wouldn't say that Tech got stomped, nor would I say that the SEC is an elite conference. The SEC definitely ranks up there near the Big Ten but lacks the nationwide enthusiasm and history.

hahaha... big ten? come on, really? the only two football teams worth a damn in there anymore is michigan and ohio state. even wisconsin isn't that great. the big ten does have history, but in the the sec, you've got four top 15 teams and a handful of others that aren't to be taken for granted.

and what a fucking LAME game last night. OU sucks.
                  Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• Pataky P
                    asdf_imo
                    • Jun 2004

Yes are you sure!!! :wink:

Comment

• skahound
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Garrick
                      hahaha... big ten? come on, really? the only two football teams worth a damn in there anymore is michigan and ohio state. even wisconsin isn't that great. the big ten does have history, but in the the sec, you've got four top 15 teams and a handful of others that aren't to be taken for granted.
                      Elite status isn't spawned overnight, nor does it come solely because of a winning record. Take note of the reasons why I would choose the Big 10: nationwide enthusiasm and history.

If you want to go by win/loss then the Big 10 wins 2005 with a .550 compared to the SEC's .547. If you want to compare bowls: each conference had 6 bowl appearances, the Big 10 had a 4-2 record while the SEC finished with a 3-3 record. Overall, the Big 10 boasts 26 National Championships in College Football (which excludes the 1 by Penn State prior to their joining the conference) and the SEC has won 21 (not including the 1 by Arkansas prior to their joining).

I went to Florida so I'm not anti-SEC, I'm just trying to remain objective.

Comment

• Bryanw24
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jun 2004

correct me if im wrong but i think the ACC had the best record in the bowl games.

Comment

• Bryanw24
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Pataky P?l
                          Yes are you sure!!! :wink:
                          what happend to Thanks the links????? expand your vocab?

Comment

• skahound
                            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                            • Jun 2004

The ACC finished with an even .500 winning percentage for bowl games (3-3).

Comment

• ezdude1970
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Jun 2004

It is hard for me to be happy for the USC Trojans win last night for the simple fact that I have lost some money (not much $50) betting against them. In my head I saw banners "Trojans got creamed?. However, my pathetic gambling problem should not take anything away from their amazing season. Watching OU performance last night it is hard to argue that any other team will probably put up a better show against USC.
                              I went to ESPN Sports Zone to watch some of the game after Wizards last night, but the game was pretty much over 28:10, on top of that ESPN Sports Zone has that stupid ?Sold Out Rule?, I have never heard of such a travesty, you suppose to spend $10 per hour per person to stay in there, I would have probably spend that much if I have stayed there, but that ?Prison Rule? they implemented there got me totally turned off.

In terms of the best conference it has to be ACC now:
                              Miami, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Miami has been the best programm in college football for decades.

Comment

Working...