X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nsite
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Is WMC really worth it?

if you're going just for the parties & not networking or anything?

considering going this year, we have mulitple places to stay, but is it really worth it just to go party?

are there good cheaper nights? is it easy to find things/well organized?

many thanks,

nick
    ...I love you when you're not masterminding my downfall
  • Jenks
    I'm kind of a big deal.
    • Jun 2004

you better go nsite.

didn't get to meet you in denver over nye, but we'll be hanging with all those casa cats and denverites in miami. get in imo.

Comment

• nsite
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

yeah I know...but we're trying to sort out as many holidays this year as possible

including some international retreats...

Comment

• GerryD
        I love skanking
        • Jun 2004

i'm not going this year :cry: ...but its really a good time...the only thing i suggest is dont do ultra fest. You are better off going to another party
        "We're professional entertainers. You give us money, we entertain you.

Comment

• drthundr
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

it depends on how much you are willing to spend, basically. if money is no object then it's a lot of fun. if you're penny pinching, then it won't be fun. stay at a nice hotel, go to a nice dinner one night, hit the free day parties, then it'll be worth it. check out the link at the bottom...it's the bible of the WMC. I think they give booklets out at designated areas throught south beach, but you can get an idea of what to expect before you go. i'm not sure what you're expecting, but you don't have to hit a huge club to see some talent...by talent i mean DJ's and ladies....there's so much going on, it's hard to have a bad time.

Comment

• picklemonkey
            Double hoodie beer monster
            • Jun 2004

I've seen so many people say not to go to Ultra... what the hell is going on at Ultra that doesn't make it worth it? This has me reaaaal curious.

Comment

• Jibgolly
              Vortexuralizor
              • Jun 2004

its candy raver-fest galore pickle. there are some great acts at Ultra, but i'm not into the 30,000 trollin clowns any more.
              wmc is defo worth it. this will be my 4th year attending.
              the parties are sick. but be prepared to wait in line at the clubs. unless you have some ultra hot blonde ladies around.

Comment

• Jenks
                I'm kind of a big deal.
                • Jun 2004

^bottle service. skips the line.

Comment

• GerryD
                  I love skanking
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jibgolly
                  its candy raver-fest galore pickle. there are some great acts at Ultra, but i'm not into the 30,000 trollin clowns any more.
                  the parties are sick. but be prepared to wait in line at the clubs. unless you have some ultra hot blonde ladies around.

Jibby your also forgetting the acts have very short sets and anyone thats any good go on roughly around the same time. I think last year for an example Lawler, S&D, and Junkie Xl were all on at the same time on different stages......
                  "We're professional entertainers. You give us money, we entertain you.

Comment

• rubyraks
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by GerryD
                    Originally posted by Jibgolly

Jibby your also forgetting the acts have very short sets and anyone thats any good go on roughly around the same time. I think last year for an example Lawler, S&D, and Junkie Xl were all on at the same time on different stages......
                    and don't forget towards the later part there's only trance on all the stages

nsite...just go and party your ass off. It's very easy to avoid the ridiculous covers and lines and still see many of the best djs (maybe not all the a-list) but many of the talented ones and it's often in settings where it's so chill you get to hang and talk with them. I'll be doing the same
                    "Work like you don't need the money.
                    Love like you've never been hurt.
                    Dance like nobody's watching.
                    Sing like nobody's listening.
                    Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• scottpuig
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Jan 2005

Re: Is WMC really worth it?

paying for the wmc is a waste in my opinion everyone you need to meet is @ the parties... you just need to go to the right ones

Comment

• nsite
                        Addiction started
                        • Jun 2004

yeah thats what I'm talking about, I probably wouldn't go to the big parties or clubs anyways, not my thing...

I'd wanna find shit like the smaller parties, crews like casa del sol, 112, proton & the likes

Comment

• remoh
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

WMC is totally worth it if you are really into the scene. one week of great djs, great music and great parties. whats not worth it about that....
                          [URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
                          |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

Comment

• Steve Graham
                            DJ Jelly
                            • Jun 2004

if you have to ask....

Comment

• nsite
                              Addiction started
                              • Jun 2004

if I have to ask what?

excuse me for not wanting to blow a couple grand on flying down to bourgeoisie south beach to show off my tan & prada and max & relax to some "techno".

Comment

Working...