• Steve Graham
    DJ Jelly
    • Jun 2004

Re: Is WMC really worth it?

Originally posted by tdl22
    how hard is it to find hotels say 1 week before
    also curious about prices
    really wanna go but won't know til almost last minute
    any help here would be greatly appreciated!
    going/planning for the first time seems very overwhelming
    it isnt as difficult as it is expensive.. the rates seem to go up the closer you get.
    i am staying at a hotel just off of collins and lincoln (around 16th).. it isnt a big chain or a fancy hotel. but it is reasonable, comfortable, and perfect for what you need during the conference.. a place to change and maybe have a kip... and the people that work there are very cool. it is called the James Hotel, and the fact it isnt one of the big ones, they may have rooms available close to the conference. last year we stayed there too, and i believe we booked two weeks before, and had no trouble getting a room.
    pm me if you want the number.

as far as planning.. my suggestion is maybe pick a couple of things in advance, get tickets for those, depending on how many days you are going. then play the rest by ear. in my personal experience, it sucks being locked into something, then you get there, and hear about another party at the same time.

Comment

• tdl22
      Fresh Peossy
      • Mar 2005

thanks
      pm'd

Comment

• jp sykes
        Where in the hell are the downloads?? :-(
        • Mar 2005

its my first wmc aswell after moving to the states, so it is a bit overwhelming - feels like the first time i went to ibiza. so much to do so little time to cram it all in. can't wait....
        LATEST MIXES FOR D/LOAD:
        http://johnpaulsykes.wordpress.com/mixes/

Comment

Working...