• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • remoh
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by nsite
    if I have to ask what?

excuse me for not wanting to blow a couple grand on flying down to bourgeoisie south beach to show off my tan & prada and max & relax to some "techno".

you might be inquiring about the wrong thing my friend....the expirience is priceles if you can afford...best thing to do is get a budd to split hotel, pic a couple of nights (the best in your opinion), get presales, buy liquor at the liquor store (i've partied a few nights sober, drank so much the nights before that i couldnt put anything down), and eat mcdonalds.....
    [URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
    |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

Comment

• refine
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by GerryD
      Originally posted by Jibgolly
      its candy raver-fest galore pickle. there are some great acts at Ultra, but i'm not into the 30,000 trollin clowns any more.
      wmc is defo worth it. this will be my 4th year attending.
      the parties are sick. but be prepared to wait in line at the clubs. unless you have some ultra hot blonde ladies around.

Jibby your also forgetting the acts have very short sets and anyone thats any good go on roughly around the same time. I think last year for an example Lawler, S&D, and Junkie Xl were all on at the same time on different stages......
      depends on your definition of "any good" im afraid chief. i could very easily swipe 2 artists from your list right there.

this will be my first time attending but im going with a friend that has gone a couple of times so he knows the ropes and he has a few contacts. if i was going by myself id probably just run around like a chook with its head cut off.
      can i get a rewind?

Comment

• spin240
        Getting warmed up
        • Jan 2005

Re: Is WMC really worth it?

The WMC is a blast!
        I was there in 2001. When you get there look for flyers everywhere.
        They will have all of the shows on them. Unless you are promoting yourself you do not need to go to the conference.
        Don't sweat the petty things, always pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Steve Graham
          DJ Jelly
          • Jun 2004

if I have to ask what?

excuse me for not wanting to blow a couple grand on flying down to bourgeoisie south beach to show off my tan & prada and max & relax to some "techno".

that's exactly what I mean.. relax mate.. it isnt even like that down there during the conference. there are lots of little gigs to go to.
          fuck, last year, danny howells was at nerve on the sunday for like 10.00 or something.
          listen to some "techno", lol.. whatever

Comment

• Eric Morris
            Fresh Peossy
            • Jul 2004

Re: Is WMC really worth it?

It is always nice to get out of the cold weather, have a few drinks on the beach, and listen to phat breaks. Last few times a few nights which were oversold other places rocked, you just have to be flexible and know what you want to listed to. ECM
            CMD^Center

Comment

• zen313
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
              ^bottle service. skips the line.
              MOST DEF. If you have a crew of 4 or more, definitely go with bottle service at most of the venues.... it gets you free admission, it gets you all drunk, for pretty much the price of admission plus one drink.

It takes planning, but it's worth it.

This will be my 5th year.... the last 3 years we have done bottle service most every nite, and it's always cheaper than the people who pay full admission and then try to get drunk. Of course, if you are enjoying other *ahem* substances than alcohol.... YMMV.

Comment

• remoh
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

you have plenty of time untill the conference...start buying one thing at a time...this week get plane tickets, in 2 weeks get your hotel, then get a couple of presales. that way it doesn't seem like your coughing up a lump sum..thats what i did last year, pretty much everything was paid for except booze

Comment

• adia
                  Fresh Peossy
                  • Jul 2004

if I have to ask what?

LMAO...

I agree with that in a sense. In my past few years of going yes, there have been more "look at me, I'm pretty and paid for" than actual scenesters - BUT - that's not to say you can't have a good time. I dunno; at first I was there for the glitz and glamour as well but in recent years I've decided I'd rather avoid the hassle and stress of fitting in everything that's going on. There are a lot more parties/club nights during the year that are worth more than the couple hundo spent for a week in SoBe. BUT, WMC is a mother or a party and I'd probably go back with some consideration.

It's a damn good time.

Comment

• influx
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Jun 2004

nsite, have you ever been? if you havn't well, it's definitely worth it. no matter what your taste, there is somethign there for ya. i went last year for the first time and, well, i thought it was worth every penny!!
                    i reject your reality, and substitute my own.
                    www.flynoteproductions.com

Comment

• timkell
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Jun 2004

It's so worth it. One huge benefit is getting online, posting all the details to mercury of the sick party you went to the night before, and seeing all of the "FUCK YOU!" responses.

FunkyCozy
                      A FREE Minimal/Techno/Tech House Party @ Anu
                      Every Last Saturday of the Month
                      Residents: Jonathan Beech, Sinukus, Tim McCormack
                      Next Cozy: Saturday, October 28
                      3rd annual Halloween bash, FunkyCozy vs. [Kontrol]
                      with guests Alland Byallo (Liebe Detail) and Craig Kuna
                      Wear a costume!

Comment

• face
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Jun 2004

can someone explain this bottler service thingy for me? thanks.

i went to ultra in 2003 and stayed the whole week last year. both times i thought ultra was great. i don't give a rat's ass about all those candy ravers. i go for the music and the over priced chicken tenders. they have killer bbq sauce!

anyway, it's worth every penny in my opinion. we drove down with 4 people in the car. we split gas, food, alcohol, and hotel costs. we saved a shitload of money. at night we would just take cabs to the clubs of our choice, after drinking enough in the hotel room so that we would only need a drink or 2 at the clubs.

if you can drive, do it. even though flying is getting cheaper now, it may save you even more to just drive. my friends and i drove from virginia all the way down to miami (15 hours), and it wasn't that bad split between 4 drivers.

it's definitely a great experience to be there with all hese great DJs. don't hesitate. do it. i'm starting to save up for it now...

DJ Mixes | Music Reviews | Podcast | iTunes Podcast | RSS Feed | SoundCloud

Comment

• ftc
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Jun 2004

bottle/table service is when you make reservations or just decide last moment (depending on availabilty) where you are given a table with purchasing bottles of alcohol (grey goose, j&b, champagne etc). basicly you are taken to the "vip" area of the club skipping the whole entrance line & fee, where there's usually a private dancefloor less crowded, better service and more relax - nobody would care if you lit up a blunt.. afterall you're in miami. each club has it's own policy towards bottle service for example if you're 4 or less people then you might only need to buy one bottle, extra one if you're more (and it should come with all the side drinks redbull, soda, juice etc.). places like space sometimes try sucking it to you, asking for a minimum of 2 bottles even if you're just 2 people (beware of such patrons). All in all, if you & your group likes to drink then it's worth it, minus the hassle and you total nearly the same amount with "general admission"

some places i'd recommend bottle service are mansion (upstairs on the beds) & opium garden on the stairs somewhere (depending on who is playing in what room ofcourse)
                          fuck sigs.

Comment

• face
                            Getting Somewhere
                            • Jun 2004

some of the places i went to last year were nerve and space. we went there early enough that we really had no line at all to wait in. the drinks were expensive that's for sure.

i'm guessing a botlle of grey goose at one of these clubs would be like 100 bucks or so?

DJ Mixes | Music Reviews | Podcast | iTunes Podcast | RSS Feed | SoundCloud

Comment

• remoh
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2004

bottles at clubs are usually 350 and up (at least here in vegas), so getting bottle service isn't always the best option.. if you are going with a group and you like to be confined to a certain area then bottle service is the way to go..big groups down the bottles in no time.. so you really spend more money when you go with a big group...
                              say you went with 10 people, it would be required to get 2 bottles at 350 = 700, you put in 90 (with tip)you'd probably spend less than that drinking on your own.......
                              i like walking around and dancing... nowadays they pack tables in to get more sales, so the space is very confined... i like sitting down in the later hours....
                              listen grasshopper buy presales and drink a few before and honestly drinks arent that bad.. beers 5-6.50 .. i was drinking johnie black on the rocks for 8 bucks... i guess im used to the prices... throw the bartender 20 bucks on the first round and your drinks are garanted strong the rest of the night

Comment

• remoh
                                Platinum Poster
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ftc
                                bottle/table service is when you make reservations or just decide last moment (depending on availabilty) where you are given a table with purchasing bottles of alcohol (grey goose, j&b, champagne etc). basicly you are taken to the "vip" area of the club skipping the whole entrance line & fee, where there's usually a private dancefloor less crowded, better service and more relax - nobody would care if you lit up a blunt.. afterall you're in miami. each club has it's own policy towards bottle service for example if you're 4 or less people then you might only need to buy one bottle, extra one if you're more (and it should come with all the side drinks redbull, soda, juice etc.). places like space sometimes try sucking it to you, asking for a minimum of 2 bottles even if you're just 2 people (beware of such patrons). All in all, if you & your group likes to drink then it's worth it, minus the hassle and you total nearly the same amount with "general admission"

some places i'd recommend bottle service are mansion (upstairs on the beds) & opium garden on the stairs somewhere (depending on who is playing in what room ofcourse)
                                depends on the place. a lt of places still charge cover plus bottles.... what would be worth it is to get the bottle (if theres no cover) drink it then be on your way...

Comment

Working...