• Show
Clear All
  • chunky
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jan 2006

Mix Riot No Longer Distributing Essential Mixes

Looks like Mix Riot have had their knuckles wraped

MR NO LONGER OFFERING EM
    On June 1st, 2010 we received a request from a company called Somthin' Else to stop
    distributing the shows "The Essential Mix" and "In New DJs We Trust." They appear to
    be the legitimate copyright owners of these shows.

I regret to inform everyone that we will be taking down all "Essential Mix" and
    "In New DJs We Trust" content on June 6th, 2010.

We have attempted to discuss any alternative outcomes with this agency but they
    are refusing to respond. We can only assume this means they just want us to take
    the content down.

This is a very sad day for myself and this community. I hope we can offer these shows
    again in the future but for now we should all be thankful for the years of joy they
    have given us.

We understand that many of the subscribers we have come for these shows specifically,
    but we want to remind you they are only about 15% of the total number of mixes on MIXRIOT
    and we don't plan on going anywhere. If you would like to cancel your subscription or get
    a refund you can do that through your "My Account" page, directly through PayPal, or you
    can contact the admin here.

Thanks for your continued support.
    Creator
    Much as I disliked the fact that they where selling Essential Mixes in the first place at least they are willing to refund their members
    Originally posted by res0nat0r
    OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Mix Riot No Longer Distributing Essential Mixes

They charged a subscription fee for access, to much, much more than the essential mixes. Every link worked and good quality. I would look at it as a library fee rather than selling individual mixes. When I first saw this thread for one horrible moment I thought they had gone. I love Mixriot and loved it's predecessor . It was fabulous for me when I discovered this music.

Good to know they take down copyrighted material .
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• chunky
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by DIDI
      They charged a subscription fee for access.
      Oxymoron

Good to know they take down copyrighted material
      Everything on there is copyrighted in one way or another. The BBC pays the artists whose tracks are aired and they have a public broadcasting licence. I bet Mix Roit didn't. I wonder if Somthin' Else will be aproaching the seller of Essnetail Mixes on Ebay

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by chunky
        Oxymoron

Everything on there is copyrighted in one way or another. The BBC pays the artists whose tracks are aired and they have a public broadcasting licence. I bet Mix Roit didn't. I wonder if Somthin' Else will be aproaching the seller of Essnetail Mixes on Ebay
        Ok they put in a nice accessible order for us for a fee. Don't know how broad the law is, but if what you say is true it would apply to everything here as well.

We can report the person on Ebay if we want. Well you could if you have the link. Actually I just found someone selling them on Ebay here.

Btw Why is that an oxymoron ???
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• chunky
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Jan 2006

Yeah copyright law does apply to everything else to. If I make a track that ends up on the Essential Mix and someone else sells the recording without my permission I'm entitled to receive payment for my work. The real grey area is what we all do here where money doesn't change hands.

It’s an Oxymoron because it is not Free Access if you have to Pay for it.

You can report abuse on eBay but they really don’t bother doing anything about it until they themselves are threatened with legal Action. Similar to YouTube with the Happy Slapping videos

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

^^^ I didn't say free. I found the uk guy . All those Dj sets . Wonder how that works if people are prepared to pay for stuff that is available free and legal from the Djs.?? I hated seeing stuff we love to share being sold

Comment

• chunky
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Jan 2006

^^^ I didn't say free.
              Yes you are correct, I skimmed through your post and didn't read it properly

Comment

• chunky
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • Jan 2006

^^Wonder how that works if people are prepared to pay for stuff that is available free and legal from the Djs.?? I:
                Technically it’s not legal when the DJ distributes it either. They will say its promotion and they are not charging anyone for it. But they are in a real grey area that’s largely ignored. Probably more to do with the artists being happy to get the exposure from the track..

Comment

• Richard_UK
                  Fresh Peossy
                  • Jul 2009

No concrete proof of this mind, but as a regular visitor to MR, it seemed that a disgruntled perp contacted Somethin' Else and told them MR were selling Essential Mixes. Seems he didn't want to pay a subscription for downloading them and thought the site should be free, as he was a TV licence fee payer.
                  It's likely that if you distribute the show but don't seek any £, then you stay below the radar.

Comment

• chunky
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Richard_UK
                    No concrete proof of this mind, but as a regular visitor to MR, it seemed that a disgruntled perp contacted Somethin' Else and told them MR were selling Essential Mixes. Seems he didn't want to pay a subscription for downloading them and thought the site should be free, as he was a TV licence fee payer.
                    It's likely that if you distribute the show but don't seek any £, then you stay below the radar.
                    Is anyone actually sure Somethin' Else actually own the rights as the Essetail Mix was produced by Wise Budah. It also seems strange that they have been targeted but not sellers on eBay.

Comment

• chunky
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • Jan 2006

Just checked Somethin' Else & Wise Buddah are both producers of the show

Comment

• demonAfro
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

Maybe one day the beeb will open up their entire archive of radio shows Might just be a bit of a nightmare to keep track of royalty payments on 10 year old sets with no tracklisting that only get played twice a year......

Comment

• DIDI
                          Aussie Pest
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Richard_UK
                          Wonder if he actually thought that through .!! They may be a bit harder to get now

Comment

• chunky
                            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                            • Jan 2006

Its a bit strange, the only differance Mix Riot have to all the other site is they are charging for them

Comment

• chunky
                              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                              • Jan 2006

Essential Mixes Net is still up and running. They don't let you download anymore inless you donate, I think

MixesDB got their collor felt last year, I don't know who by though. They are now posting likes to various sites instead of hosting them themselfs

Comment

Working...