X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Reasons to Drink Green Tea

Who here drinks green tea daily? I try to, but usually only a few times a week.

1. Green tea is a superb fat fighter. Its active ingredient, EGCG, increases the rate at which fat is burned in your body.

2. It targets belly fat. Research at Tufts University indicates that EGCG in green tea, like other catechins, activate fat-burning genes in the abdomen to speed weight loss by 77 percent.

3. Green tea keeps energy stable by balancing blood sugar levels. EGCG improves insulin use in the body to prevent blood sugar spikes and crashes that can result in fatigue, irritability, and cravings for unhealthy foods.

4. Research shows it may be helpful against lung cancer. In an April 2010 study published in Cancer Prevention Research, EGCG was found to suppress lung cancer cell growth.

5. Green tea may halt colorectal cancer. In numerous other studies, EGCG appears to inhibit colorectal cancers.

6. In research, it appears to cause prostate cancer cells to commit suicide. A March 2010 study in Cancer Science indicated that EGCG aids the body by causing prostate cancer cells to commit suicide.

7. Green tea may prevent skin damage and wrinkling. EGCG appears to be 200 times more powerful than vitamin E at destroying skin-damaging free radicals. Free radicals react with healthy cells in the body, causing damage, so lessening their numbers may help reduce wrinkling and other signs of aging.

8. It contains a potent antioxidant that kills free radicals. Because it is a potent antioxidant green tea can positively impact a lot more than skin cells. Free radicals are increasingly linked to many serious chronic illnesses like arthritis, diabetes, and cancer.

9. Green tea tastes good. If you’re not wild about the flavor, try a few different kinds. Try it iced or hot. Add some of the natural herb stevia to sweeten it if you want a sweeter drink. I wasn’t crazy about green tea the first few times I tried it, but now I love it with a fresh squeeze of lemon and a few drops of stevia over ice -- et voila! Green tea lemonade.

-------

Japanese people have access to better-quality green tea than do most North Americans. If you want the good stuff (like gyokuro or matcha, the powdered tea used in Japanese tea ceremonies), go to the nearest specialty-tea shop, Asian grocery store or the Internet (try www.japanesegreenteaonline.com www.inpursuitoftea.com or www.matchaandmore.com)

It was fun while it lasted...
  • jackdaniels
    Addiction started
    • Aug 2008

Re: Reasons to Drink Green Tea

More good information regarding tea http://www.precisionnutrition.com/wh...know-about-tea

I drink tea daily. Originally started with green tea, but now I just supplement green tea extract and drink white tea instead, tastes better and potentially healthier. Also added yerba mate tea when I need a buzz as green/white tea makes me too sleepy.

Tried matcha but it's a pain in the arse to prepare.
    sigpic

Comment

• DancingQueen
      AVB FanClub | President
      • Oct 2005

Mmmm green tea. I love all kinds of tea and try to drink it as often as I can. I also take green tea supplements
      sigpic
      RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
      RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• dodsy87
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2006

Green tea is my religion, i cannot go a day without it. Makes you feel a million bucks with every cup.... Im off to boil the kettle. Too ra

Comment

• tiddles
          Encryption, Jr.
          • Jun 2004

there's a real good commercialized green tea here that has a ricey taste. they make a corn one too, but it's disgusting.

i down it whenever my throat hurts or i have a cough -- clears it up nicely. i'm a coffee guy though

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

I start off my day with a piccolo latte and green tea the rest of the day.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• diegoff
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

I drink green tea, but I mix it with other medicinal teas.
              "Bancha" is a kind of tea, that itīs green tea but they cut the plant like 3 years later than when they should, so it takes more nutrients from the earth (calcium, vitamin C...). It tastes sweet
              Itīs a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
              Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
              May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                Anyone have Styx livesets?
                • Jun 2004

the link to body fat reduction is a 'maybe' at best - no difference from placebo

It was when it was combined with caffeine that weight loss occured.
                Low EGCG increases postprandial fat oxidation in obese men and this to the same extent as 200 mg caffeine, whereas high EGCG does not exert this effect. Fasting fat oxidation is increased only by caffeine (with or without EGCG). There is no synergism of low EGCG and 200 mg caffeine. Energy expenditu …

would be interested to hear what the [ms] doctors think.
                ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                  I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                  • Mar 2008

mmm purifying
                  (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• dusk
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

If it reducing stress levels... I might have to jump on this ... dang.. I'm willing to try anything at this point.
                    ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

Working...